Interesting....coincidently 3 days after creating / coming up with my own blog, in class yesterday, we learnt about computers and internet. hmm.......guess what? our teacher gave us a quiz on all things related to internet - I scored full marks!! Its just a coincidence when one of the question asked whether we have our own webpage. Presto!! ...and because of that I got full marks. My classmates said I am a computer freak!!
My classmates? Yeah..these are my new sets of friends. Let's see....they are from all all over the world...Brazil, Spain, Catalonia, Georgia, Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Belarus, Slovakia, France and Latvia. Did I miss out anybody?I hope not. And there are also friends that I got to know from my classmates. Yeah...maybe a lot of them from the EU countries .Oh yeah...and there is this one guy who claims he is from everywhere around the world.Hmm...interesting.They are all here for different reasons. Some of them wants to be here permanently and contribute to the economy, some - just want to improve their English and after 2 to 3 years, they'll go back to their country. Some of them are just here because they are taking a break from their University. Wow...I wish I had done that. Or had the opportunity to do that. It seems that their parents are sporting enough to let them come here on their own and explore new options. Well, I believe, we, Malaysians - we are not that open minded yet. Yes, we would send our children to the Universities here....but we will not allow them to come here to look for temporary or permanent jobs. Not many will allow. Cost is one thing, others are like the weather might affect our health, we might get cultural shock, too young to go abroad on our own...and the list does not stop here.
And did I mention that my class is also getting smaller and smaller? hmm..... if they are from the EU countries, they do not have to pay for the course. Yes, I repeat, DO NOT. How lucky!! And because its free, maybe some of them think that its not compulsory to attend classes! I'm in the midst of taking my classmates' photos. Once complete, I'll upload it in my fotopages and you get to see them all!!
Friends..... somebody told me before..if they keep in touch with you , eventhough once in a blue moon, then we can call them "friends". But if they just call you to ask for a favour, then they are not. Well, it depends how you see it. Sometimes, you just don't contact some of your friends because you're busy ...too busy. Taking care of the daily routines, family, kids........But then, you do remember them. Its not that you don't. It is interesting to think about it. We keep meeting new friends everyday. And..how on earth can we regularly keep in touch with everyone ..say every 2 to 3 weeks. Its IMPOSSIBLE!! I do have friends whom out of nowhere, called me and ask for a favour. To tell you the truth, I don't mind.I don't mind at all! If I can assist them, why not? Maybe this is the time we are able to help, and next time vice versa! Not that I expect something in return.
Friends? I haven't heard from most of my basketball friends for the past 1 1/2 months. I did send them e-mail. I wonder, maybe they changed jobs and have new e-mail addresses. But, all of them? I do admit, there are a few of them who still respond to my e-mail. Thanks. Maybe the rest are just too busy to click 'reply' and key in "HI". Maybe. But its ok. Coz some people prefer to meet in person rather than sending electronic messages. I miss playing basketball. Here, its not a famous game. Did played a few games with my sist-in law's friends but the condition of the court ..was really, really bad. Argh....can't wait to go back home. I miss SC!!!
Friends..sob..sob.... I do miss the "BAND". They are more like family members than friends. Why? When you can talk and joke about anything, open to critism, accept feedback (eventhough you tend to resist it at first), quarrel and make up after that - then you'll feel that they are part of your family.
Quote of the day: Before you make fun of somebody, make sure you can accept it first. That is the basic rule. If you think you can't , forget about teasing other people, ok!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Makcik, do u hv Idlan's e-mail?
Post a Comment