This one word has a lot of meanings to different people. Merdeka means independence. To us, Malaysians, it means a lot. It gives us the freedom from being controlled / managed by other outside parties.
People usually use the word "merdeka" when they are happy that they have the freedom to do things that they have wanted to do for a long time. Or it also means that now they are free from being controlled. Personally, I am not in the "Merdeka" mood. The word itself to me, doesn't sound comforting. Doesn't sound right. Maybe I am being a bit too sensitive especially when I have to face too many challenges currently. Normally, people will shout "Merdeka!" with the spirit of proud and happy. But can we still shout "Merdeka!" when we know inside us, there is a conflict. Conflict between the feeling of wanting to be free from problems and move on and the feeling of wanting to hold on to the good things and ignore the problems.
Is it possible?
By the way, Selamat Menyambut Kemerdekaan yang ke 48, Malaysia!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment