Lately, this past few months, I got to know quite a number of new friends.I repeat new FRIENDS. At last, and these people, are outside of my current circle of friends (colleagues,basketballers and SKs).
Frankly speaking- I met these people thru the internet. Yeah.I know, do not trust and go out with strangers (Sofia reminded me again and again about this especially with foreigners.Thanks Sofia.I'll remember that). But I think, for now, Alhamdulillah, so far everything went well i.e I get to meet these new friends. Yup, I did went to meet these people in person.
Few things I learn when talking to them thru the phone or even meeting them in person. I would like to categorise them into people:
a)Who just want to get to know new friends like me
b)Who wants to have 'fun' (until now I don't know what's their definition of fun and I don't think I want to find out)
c)Whom at first will go out as friends, and by the second meet - declared that they like you a lot and would like to proceed to another level of the relationship - this usually scares me
d)Whom you kind of like this person, but he seems to be too busy with his 'daily activites' and you don't really know what is his 'daily activities' are
So far, all these people that I've met , are foreigners and they have been really nice to me keeping in mind that I still have to be careful at all times. Well, partly because my friends advised to meet them in 'public places' which I think its funny for a 32 year old to receive this advise. Anyways, thanks for reminding.
One question raised by a friend: why am I going out and meeting ONLY with foreigners? Isn't there anymore locals/malays to go out or make friends with? Well, the answer is easy - its because the locals are too choosy with whom they want to go out with.No need to explain in detail.
Another question raised: haven't you heard of these stories in the newspapers about all this murder and rape cases? My answer: Either its foreigner or Malaysian, and either its in Malaysia or another country anything can happen at anytime if we are not careful. Insya Allah, I always believe, if our intention is good, hopefully nothing bad will happen.
Anyways, we are in Malaysia, our own country , now. If we dare to meet new people overseas, why not here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment