In 2004, my previous company sent us, the executives and managers above, for a team-building session in The Andaman,Langkawi. That was our advantage - as the company owned the hotel - we had the priviledge to be flown there, stay at the 5 start resort and also had the luxury of dining at The Datai.
That's beside the point here. The training made us explored our 'Comfort Zone'. All in all, in brief, in order for us to grow, to succeed, to be better, we have to move on. Once we are in our comfort zone, we need to take the risk by going out of it.Step out of our comfort zone.
And I still remember what my ex-boss said, " I told you.You were stubborn. You think by doing 'this' you are stepping out of comfort zone and achieve something that you want?You are stepping out of your country and not your comfort zone. You also had taken a big RISK. And as a result, this is what happened. Do not regret."
To my beloved ex-boss - I just want to tell you that I did not regret about the decision I made of 'Stepping out of my comfort zone'.It was a big risk. It was a test. It was also a fate. It was truly a turning point for me. Indeed it was a struggle and involved a lot of heart aches, but I guess this is my fate. With hope, determination and lots of prayers, Alhamdulillah I've managed through and also learnt a lot from it.
BUT...I will never forget what you said. And I think because of that...it prepares me for anything that will come in the future.
And because of the risk I took, I get to know these really nice people who are still my good friends. Insya Allah, one day, I may be able to visit them in Europe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment