Monday, March 5

I wanna hold your hand


Anxious or stressed out?


Reach out and grab your husbands' hand. In a study published in Psychological Science, scientists concluded that holding a man's hand - any man, apparently, but it works best with a spouse - can provide relief.


James Coan, assistant professor of psychology and neuroscience at The University of Virginia, who led the study, said : "Hand holding is second nature for kids when they're under stress...This can also work for adults. We found when you are holding a hand, any hand, the parts of your brain responsible for mobilising your body into action calm down."

The study, done on 16 married women, also showed that the happier the marriage, the greater the benefits.


That explains why I'm under stress lately - no hands that I can hold or allowed to hold. I need some hands please!! ;-)


The photo above was taken from here ; which also has more to read about the topic .
(Article above was taken from Herworld March 2007)


No comments: