Sunday, June 3

Thank you for your feedback

Thank god , Alhamdulillah my girls won.
And the boys won too, that makes double celebration and boost up my spirit and motivation level.
This definitely is very important as when I returned to work on Friday, unfortunately, things are not so good in a certain way.

Someone, in his plan to expressed his dissatisfaction to me (or maybe cover his 'mistake'), wrote an email to my bosses about the complaints I raised about him (fyi- when I raised the issue, the complaint is valid and agreed by the person's immediate supervisor)

There are a few things that when I think about it rationally but serious, its kind of funny:

1) I wonder how did a serious, staff performance matter, being discussed in the management team, got to the staff. Well, it can get to the staff provided its for him/her to improve, but not in a wrong way/message. I'm not being defensive - but whoever the person is, maybe you can check with some other staff who would totally agree with me about the complaint that I've raised. Go ahead, if you dare.

2) The complaint that I brought up was about something else and he emailed about something else.Hahaha...it is also clearly written in his email about 2 different things. Please get it right first before you send out anything next time, ok?

3) The email also mentioned about me not being strict on my team, letting them out for lunch/breaks longer than the allowed time. Hahaha...get your facts right . I do not have to defend myself, my staff will vouch that I am strict in terms of break times. When they want to go for smoking break also they need to ask me. (unless they went out without my permission and I didn't notice)

4) But one thing good, he said that my new group members are doing a lot of mistakes. Yes, I agree with that. Because they are still new. They need time. Different people have different limitations and time needed to learn. Ok..that's not an excuse. I better get them to buck-up!

Thank you for your feedback. Most time, I try to practise transparency with my staff. So now, I'm thinking of printing it out and have a meeting with my group to ask them is it true I'm being very lenient about the break times. If it is, then I need to be more strict.But then again, this will ensure that other people who has been enjoying their 'smoking breaks' from other groups, will be affected too. Don't you think your fellow colleagues will be upset with you, dear? (I don't smoke- no issues with me)

See, if you don't know what you are talking about, do not ever try to do anything stupid. Especially writing emails.

I might be emotional in terms of providing good service to my customers, I might be very crazy in doing my job, but I also have 12 years experience in managing staff and a few years in Training & Development.

Its just that, now, you might end up being labelled as a back stabber!!

If you think that I'm going to get emotional and upset on this issue, you are wrong. In life, its not about taking the feedback negatively and just sit down and cry or being upset.Its about taking it positively, make people see what is happening and pick up again at a better speed.

Thank you for making me see my weaknesses.

No comments: