It has been nearly 2 months we've been away from each other - my beloved hubby. Me - here - Nottingham and you - there - Shah Alam. 13 hours away by flight and 7 hours difference in time. Arghhh...this is not as easy as both of us think of. I don't know about him , but it is a CHALLENGE for me. Feels like lack of emotional support. Hmm...why did we agree to do this? Oh yeah......me - got retrenched from my job and being unlucky to get any for the past 5 months and applied to nearly 50 companies. Joining heads -both of us thought that this is the chance to explore something new, something different. And this requires sacrifice. A BIG ONE. Well, things happen for a reason. Like we always say "semua yang berlaku ada hikmahnya".Hope its a good one! Insya Allah.
Sometimes, I purposely make myself busy the whole day to avoid thinking of him too much. Busy with classmates and homework, busy with Ammar - our adorable nephew, busy sleeping....oh yea...this is what I definitely miss most. Since I've been here...in my brother's crib, no way these people let me sleep in peace during the day. With my nephew around, and now he could crawl........I could only "dream on" of sleeping during the day.
Oh ya, talking about sleeping ....do not ...I repeat DO NOT fall asleep when you're taking care of a baby / toddler. Last week, it happened to me. I had to take care of Ammar after class. So, I took him up to my room (no bed) and put him in the corner while I was trying to read a book. I actually fell asleep! When I woke up, I got a shock to see him lying face down on the carpet . No movement. Yes..no movement at all!! Got a shocked of my life! .Rushed to check him - it seems that he was very, very sleepy - he fell asleep on his own, flat on his tummy! Phew! What a relief!
Yeah..yeah......I have to admit I'm not a good babysitter...... Can't imagine having a kid of my own.....
Sent a text message to a dear friend of mine in JB. Hope to talk to her sometime today.Maybe towards the end of the day coz she's busy with the kids. Kids in school. Got a reply - she'll update me when she's free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
OMG! I'll be scared to death too! Hahaha... like the first thing u see when u wake up is motionless baby face down on the floor. Thank God he was just sleepy!
But baby is like a miracle on it's own. I'm sure if he feels threatened in anyway he's be screaming hell out of his mounth.
Anyway, u take care! hmm.. how I miss the feeling of missing someone. But for now, I'm just a cold hearted biatch!
Post a Comment