What is it the Europeans have with summer?I personally don't know because back home everyday is summer...hehehe..... Every year, they look forward to summer. Summer, summer, summer. That is all what they have been talking. My classmates - have planned everything for the coming summer as it will be just nice as our class ends at the end of June. I think the summer here, is still not as hot as back home. If its hot, its a different kind of feeling. We don't sweat like we use to. The air feels different. At times, we still bring a spare jacket incase if it gets really windy and cold. Oh, did I tell you that a few days back, the wind was so strong until it blew our big dustbin away from its position!
Talking about summer too, there's a big time difference here. Fajr (Subuh) solah has to be done before 3.30am. The first light comes out at about 4am. At about 5.30am, it feels like 8am. And the best part - it gets dark very late, at about 10pm. What a long day! I feel funny actually. Just imagine if a person were to eat her dinner when it gets dark, or at night. In winter, she'll be eating dinner at about 5pm (coz it gets dark earlier). While in summer, she eats dinner at 11pm. Wow! in between? How many meals more? Hmm....no wonder......
Oh yeah.....another thing is ice-cream. Did I ever mention that the ice-cream here is excellent? With Thornton's and award winning ice-cream everywhere , I guess its pretty hard to resist. Like my sister in-law said, "How could we resist if its written that their ice-cream is an award winning ice-cream? We don't come here often!". And do believe me, I am trying my very best to make sure when I go back later, I will look the same. I am still doing crunches and push-ups daily. Well, ....I have gained 5kgs though but I promised to myself - that will be all. It shouldn't go up more than that. What can I do? I've stopped playing basketball regularly for the past 2 months.Forget about my fitness level. Last year, I was able to finish a 7.5km run, I don't think I can do it again this year. Its definitely down the drain now. Adding to that, forget about joining any basketball tournament when I go back later. Hmm...maybe I should start with the skipping ropes. Yes, I think I will. Starting from tomorrow.........I will, yes, that's my promise.
Below is a photo of the award-winning ice-cream's signboard. Oh..PLEASE IGNORE THE CROSS. I overlooked until I downloaded the photo.
I've also downloaded new photos in my fotopages . Check it out!
To STF basketball team - BEST OF LUCK!! for your semi-finals match tomorrow morning.




No comments:
Post a Comment