On Sunday, there was a farewell party at one of my classmate's house. Actually, it's not even his house. Somebody wanted to throw him a party because on Monday he was leaving the UK for good. He's from Catalonia. His plan? Heard that he is going back to do PHD in Mathematics......scary huh?
I didn't go to the party. Its not that I didn't want to. Maybe I thought, by working I can earn something while going to the party means nothing. Yeah, I was thinking of going later, after work at about 10.30pm. But then, they will be drunk by then, its not important for me to go anymore because they won't notice me at all. And maybe I assume I won't be comfortable to be around drunk people - they might be violent.So, then I decided not to go. I called Michal right after work and he thought I was on the way there and got lost. Heard he was shouting happily that I was on my way there and I also heard Tamara shouted my name on the background. I told him that I couldn't go due to something came up last minute. Suddenly the background changed. There was quietness (I guess he went into a room) and he sounded serious wanting me to go. He said that Rueben and himself are leaving the next morning at 5.40am and they won't be seeing me again. Oh....I assumed wrongly. He was ok. He was not drunk. He really wanted to see me. And deep inside me, I wanted to see all my classmates before they leave or vice versa.
Well, I had t o decide. And I decided not to go. I hope to meet them again...one day. Maybe in Malaysia. Or maybe in Europe. We'll be in touch - don't worry. What's the use of technology, then?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment