Thursday, July 7

London ,my camera and Olympics 2012

The last time I went to London was my first time there with my hubby, in February this year. This time I went with my cousin. Well...you could say that I was forced to go. I didn't want to as I was broke. And I know that my brother will hesitate allowing me to go to London. But my cousin told him, " She has been here for the past 3 months and she has not been anywhere. I will sponsor everything". And hey, presto! I was allowed to go.

We left the house at 5 am, and walked to town because 1st, it was already bright, like 8am in Malaysia, and 2nd, because I wanted to enjoy my last moments in Nottingham with this nice weather. The journey was spent by....guess what...sleeping! Hahaha...I was too tired. The moment got on to the bus I slept until we reached London. In London, my cousin said, we were only going to use buses as its much cheaper so we had coffee at McDonalds and waited for off peak hour to purchase the tickets.

This time, I managed to visit the Westminster Abbey, the Big Ben and also the London Eye. I missed it when I came with my hubby because we couldn't find it!! Can you believe it?? Oh ya...my camera made a big mess when we were infront of the Big Ben. It couldn't focus!!! I hate this camera. I mean I love it but it always give me problems when I really need it. Especially when I really need to take photos of these places to show my hubby back home. Hahaha... Hmm.....we also went for window shopping in Harrods.I was too broke to buy anything but she bought for me a Harrods bag as it was on sale. Yes! It was the Harrods Sale! Amost everything was slashed down. And oh my god!! The food hall. It was amazing! The way they presented the food, the counters, the chocolates, the sushi bar.....the list goes on and on.

Oh before I forget, we were on the bus, at the Trafalgar Square when they annouced that London won the vote to host the Olympic Games for 2012! Everybody was shouting and screaming happily. What a coincidence! To be here when they annouced it.I managed to take photos from the bus we took!

We left London on the 8pm bus, after a whole day of walking around. The bus left on time and reached Nottingham at only 11.45pm as we were stucked in a bad traffic jam on the motorway. I was getting a bit bored on the bus, put on my cousin's CD man (I know its a bit outdated) and sang. Yes!! I sang on the bus and I noticed the guy infront of us was looking back and wondering whether I am crazy. Hahahah!!!! I just couldn't care less. I mean I don't sing in public but nobody knows me, and I'm going back to Malaysia tomorrow, well, I don't care! I just felt like singing!

I have blisters (which I hate most) on my feet but I guess, I don't really mind coz I think I will not be coming back anymore or maybe in the next 10 years! Or maybe until I get a job which will send me training / posting in the UK.Hahahaha dream on....

No comments: