Wednesday, November 30

Savings my allowance

Before I left for UK, my friend asked me, how much my allowance will be for a day. Well, I told her its going to be £10 per day. So a week I should be get £70. She said that is too little. Do I have a choice?
Because of my 'jobless' situation for the past 8 months, I only brought £40 to UK and hoping that I could get the allowance as soon as I arrive. I was just scared that £40 would not be enough to last me for the week. Yeah...no credit cards, ok. Then, on the 2nd day, we went shopping for food at Asda. I realised, £10 a day is a lot of money. If I cook, I repeat that if I cook at home, then I would only be spending about £20 per week. But then again, I don't cook and I love eating cakes and ice-cream (I have not started eating and buying chocolates yet, mind you), so I spent about £30 a week. The rest of the allowance? Hmm.....guess what? Just about 10 mts away from our apartment, there are shops or Outlets called McArthur Glenn. And its a really huge one. I am trying my very best to resist the temptation of shopping - especially when they have the Nike and Puma store over there BUT I failed. Last week, I bought 3 pairs of Nike basketball jerseys which has the LeBron James design and it only cost £5 each!! And today I went there again to just have a look, it seems that they don't have it anymore! Who can resist if the price is that cheap. Hehehe.... let's wait and see what will happen in the coming weeks.... Can I resist the temptation of going shopping??

No comments: