Monday, January 2

2005 and its history..

Hmm.....2005 - I guess so far, for the past 31 years I've been in this world, this is the most memorable, sweet, bitter and toughest year I had gone through. Let's see...maybe I should just list down the ups and downs which I had gone through:

February
- First time went for a holiday rip to Kuching on my own. Met my Maxis friends coincidently. It was great!! Felt as if I'm still part of their family.
-My first ever trip overseas - UK. Visited my brother and his family for 2 weeks. First time experiencing winter - it was excellent!
- My first time experience being "retrenched" from my job. Argh...it was really painful - felt worst than losing a boyfriend because this involved losing my income.

March
-I was selected to be a PLKN (National Service) trainer! Eventhough it was only for 3 days - it was a memorable one. I had fun.

April
-Still no job offers - after a serious discussion with my brother in the UK, we decided I should explore something new by going over there - with permission with my hubby, of course! So, we decided I should go first and after 2 to 3 months, he will followsuit. Didn't even imagine that I would be in the UK for the 2nd time in the same year!And this time I managed to experience Spring.
-Enrolled myself into an Advance English class. Managed to get to know new friends : Michal,Elena, Magda, Peter, Francoise,Aline,Elaine, ,Victor, Gabby and others - I LOVE YOU GUYS and MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

May
-With my brother's help, managed to get a part time job with a japanese restaurant. Since I love the food - there was no problem at all learning how to make sushi and prepare sashimi. It was a great experience.And the chefs there - they were really great, nice and friendly people. Somebody whom I can accept as my own brothers. Bros! If you read this, you changed my life and you guys made me a stronger person. Thanks! Hope we can be friends forever.

June
-My first ever camping trip!! My brother brought us to Snowdonia in Wales. It was excellent. Breathtakingly beautiful. No words can describe it.

July
-received a freelance job offer as STF assistant basketball coach under the Srikandi R-2-V Project. And just a few days before leaving the Nottingham, had another offer to be a trainer for the National Service Camp. Great news for me who has been unemployed for nearly 4 months. And well, because I had great fun during the last session, definitely I won’t miss this opportunity!
-I was in London the day they announced Olympic 2012.What a celebration! We were lucky enough the bombing in London happened a day after we were there. The exact same spot and time! Alhamdulillah nothing happened.
-Had to depart with my classmates. Had to depart with my brothers –Sam, Azmi and Andy. I hate saying good-byes especially this time when I know that I won’t have the chance to come back to the UK and meet them again.
-Started my part time job as a basketball coach. This is the kind of job I was looking forward to.



August
-Celebrated my 31st birthday and go the best birthday present ever – found out that my ex was having an affair exactly on my birthday. It snapped my heart away.
-My first ever visit to a close friend’s fruit orchard in Segamat. Had an excellent time.


September
-I was sort of involved with the Petronas Cup basketball tournament – something that I’ve never dreamt of doing. I guess things do happen for a reason.


October
-6th Oct – I was officially “released”. It was a sad and heartbreaking moment. And it was also on the 2nd day of Ramadhan.


November
-Received a job offer from a company which I applied in February. Amazing and miracle! The miracle part is this company sends their staff to the UK for a 1 month training – something that I’ve never dreamt off.
-First hari Raya in 8 years - celebrated on my own. Managed to pull through.
-on the 14th , for the 3rd time this year, I flew back to the UK. This time it was to Ashford, Kent. I felt that it was still a dream to be able to be there again, to meet Peter, Elena, Aline, my brother and his family and also Sam, Andy and Azmi (not forgetting his wife and baby who just arrived)


December
-Started my new job in Bangsar.
-Went to Penang to watch the Agong’s Cup – again I just couldn’t believe that I’m really into this basketball thing now.
-Ended the year 2005 with fever, flu and gastric problems on the 31st.Argh….I guess it was the cleansing ritual for 2005 hehehe….

2005 – it was the sweetest, toughest, saddest year for me. It will be the most memorable one – the year which I got to know lots of new friends, the year which I felt I was drowning and needed CPR and K.Ana and her family came along, the year which I know there are people out there who still care for me. This was also the year which I need to be on my own feet again and not to rely on anybody else , the year which I learnt that you can lose weight tremendously if you lost your loved ones…hahaha……….The year that I realised how much I loved basketball.


2005 – Thank you for the memories, the challenges, and the learning curves. Things do happened for a reason and whatever it is, life must go on. I just need to be stronger in the future.

No comments: