Well, that was the end of our CNY Intensive camp for basketball in KK.It felt like the whole week went by very fast. Actually too fast. I don't know about others, but I had a great time - which includes ups and downs of my team's performance, their emotions and not forgetting my own spirit and emotion.
Some of the interesting things I came across:
-for the 1st time in my life, I missed the bus. We were supposed to take the bus from KL to KK at 9.00pm. Kept asking the counter, and was informed that the bus has not arrived until at 9.30pm we were told by another guy that the bus left about 30mts ago! Weird!
-the team spirit and teamwork of the girls nowadays are very different from ours 15 years ago. Different in terms of I feel they give up easily on working together. They get angry, upset and jealous easily. Instead of chanelling the anger and frustration towards a positive outcome, they prefer or they showed it through frustrations among team mates and it also affected their own performance.
-Another thing...I got darker...burnt. It was really, really hot for the past few days.Until one of my player's grandma who came and visit, said to me, " kesian chek. gelap dah. jagalah sikit kulit tu nanti tak siapa yang mau".Thinking positively - the makcik cared for me. Ada jugak orang yang kesian dengan I. Hahaha.... Its ok makcik, my focus is not in trying to get a boyfriend or a a life partner. Too much problems having a partner around. And with no time to spend with him, why do you need him for? My life now , on weekdays I'll be busy with my job and on weekends, I'm tight up with basketball activities - mostly outstation.I don't even have time to 'lepak' with my basketball friends nowadays.
Well, back to the camp.I lost my temper.And almost lost my fighting spirit in helping the girls to achieve their dream. After their "upsetting" behaviour during the game on Friday afternoon, I went back to the apartment earlier than usual and went to the riverside with Hana. I wanted to cool myself down and also give them a chance to solve their own 'problems' which has been affecting their game. Actually I prefer the beach or sea..its more effective to calm myself down. But well, in KK there's no beach and the nearest to that is the riverside. I reviewed. I analysed myself. I analysed the team. Was I being too harsh on them? Was I being too garang? Or maybe I was being too nice to them until one of them was rude enough to scold me back. I don't know. Maybe my expectations are too high and they just can't go beyond it. Maybe they are just weak. They are not like us when we were at their age. I remembered my team having a crisis - but it was well managed and solved before the next game itself. And it was not repeated or brought up again. But them? Oh yeah, we had the same coach but he was much more younger at that time, you can imagine how hot tempered he was when coaching us. We didn't give up. We didn't even complain. We just accepted our mistakes, and tried our best to improve.
I've tried to :
help
show that I care
love them
advise
share my experience
loads of other things and methods...
But I still feel that I failed to get some of them to respond to me. And these players are the ones whom I considered better than the rest. Or maybe the best players. What should I do? Time is running out. I'm not sure about them but I feel the pressure of making sure the team has least problems.Especially the tournament is only 1 1/2 months away. I guess, some things only they can settle it internally. I hope they will be able to do so .....ASAP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment