Saturday, July 8

Oh my Superman!!!!





Today, went and watched Superman Returns with some friends. Well, I had to sacrifice my sleep for Superman , but I think it was worth it. The way the movie and the scene was captured - I kind of like it. The best part, at first I was complaining that we only managed to get the 2nd row seats from the screen. But when the movie had started , no regrets. With comfy seats in GSC Mid Valley, didn't feel sleepy at all.

Looking at him, reminded me of a friend I got to know when I was in school. He was also from another boarding school in Johor. He had this look of Superman or at that time it was Christopher Reeves. Tall and good looking. I lost contact with him and met him again when he and his team organised a Blood Donation Drive about 2 years ago - there he was, still tall, still handsome but this time a bit more tanned. He was still the same old person I know 15 years back. Its just that, this time, we are not shy talking to each other anymore.(remember those school days...heehehe). And we still have each other's number. Its just that everybody seems busy nowadays to catch up.

So, there I was, tonight, while watching Superman Returns, smile to myself, remembering those 'younger' days.

Tomorrow - I'm invited for dinner at a friend's place. He's supposed to prepare a nice, decent meal - as he promised me. We'll see how it turns up..Or maybe...he'll be 'Superman' - escape and fly out from the kitchens window to get some food for us!


p/s: I noticed, this time, Superman has a bigger frame. He's tummy and waist is quite big. Maybe its because of the way the scene were shot.Or am I going into 'details' now?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm.....!!
Gotta update myself,man!! i didn't even knew that Superman is out again!!!
Gotta go and watch my childhood hero.

Big tummy???? Dear did you went to watch movie or to get his health details?????

Spena said...

Well..hmm...Brojen...I don't know actually why I noticed that. Maybe, from there I could see that Superman also us normal like us - might not have a 'perfect' body.
A few of my male friends said that he has this 'gay' look. I tend to agree coz he looks sweet as Superman ! hahaha....