Tuesday, July 4

TUG-OF-WAR

Argghhhh!!! my whole body is aching - every part.I knew this was coming.I knew it. But I forgot how bad it is until yesterday. I was trying my very best to avoid participating the T-O-W . Well, I managed to 'escape' the first round with the ladies.

Then, it was the men's turn. We only managed to get 5 men. So, plan B, was to get the basketballers to join the men. And there it was, short of 1 more man to balance up the team. 'Spena!' I heard K.Ana's voice shouted. Here we go. Its not that I wasn't a sport, but I know I'll be getting all these after effect 'ache' and 'pain'.

The last time I was suffering this bad was during my ex-company's T-O-W. Back then, each company was represented by 8 men and 2 ladies - (guess who was one of the 'compulsory' lady member). The rope even 'scrapped' off my arm's skin during the process of 'pulling' . That was back then. Then I thought, maybe this time it won't be that bad as there are only 3 men on the other side and the rest are the girls. And this side there are 7 girls , 2 men and myself. What can girls do compare to men.





Well, I was wrong...totally wrong. Both teams were equally strong. We lost the 1st pull, won the 2nd pull and had to go for the 3rd pull. (I know this is lame excuse for losing but the other side's ground was softer - that's why they won during the 3rd pull). The worst part was, all the 3 pulls lasted for a few minutes before either team won. We had to pull, pause and hold on. That was really taxing and forcing our 'muscles' to work more than it should.

And since yesterday, I don't know about the gals, but every single movement I make triggers pain in my body.

I've uploaded some photos during the GJC. Its at http://spena15.blogs.friendster.com/ . Enjoy!!

No comments: