Wow! It was amazing! It was great! It was perfect! It was excellent! It was beautiful!
My trip to Perhentian Island last weekend, with some friends was really, really, great. Eventhough it was just a 3 days 2 nights on the island and 2 nights travelling on the bus (for economical reasons), I would say it was one of the best, memorable one . Actually, I was a bit sceptical about the trip to be an enjoyable one for me as this was my first ever trip with some friends. But it was all proven to be totally opposite as I really did enjoy myself, and had a great time being with them.
What did I do? hmm.....its not a long list but was a meaningful one .
I almost jumped off the boat to snorkel in my effort to catch a glimpse of a turtle in the deep blue sea. (Please bear in mind that I don't know how to swim and I was using a lifejacket!) What do you expect me to do when the guide shouted "turtle!" and the whole group just jumped out of the boat and there I was the last one! Not only the turtle, looking at the fish swimming near the colourful corals-with nemo and parrot fish and others -it was amazingly breathtaking and calming.
I managed to get Awin to go canoeing with me (despite of I hurt my back the day before and had problems sitting, standing and walking). We canoed to the far end of the island, enjoying the different shades of blue and green of the sea and stopped at a secluded beach which we named as 'our beach', had a swim and returned. The experience of canoeing at the open sea for the 1st time was really , really excellent. I'm so deeply in love with the sea and the fish that I feel if I knew how to swim, I would have no doubts of jumping out from my canoe and swim.
I also managed to get the feeling of being part of the 'divers' when I accompanied Awin to register for her dive and listened to a bit of the briefing done and got to know some people there. I am definitely going to take the SCUBA license soon, Insya Allah.
I managed to get to know Sylvie from Switzerland and Kevin from China as they were there to do their dives. oohh...I got to do this soon. People from all over the world is here to dive and me? huh..still no license.
To Pip, Farah and Awin - thank you from the bottom of my heart for the whole trip experience. It might not be perfect for you guys but I had fun and hope you guys enjoyed it too.
I guess, this trip was the best ever birthday present I gave myself since 10 years ago!
Words can't describe my trip....more photos are at http://spena15.blogs.friendster.com/
Its just partial, will update more photos from other cameras.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment