Wednesday, August 23

Sleeping issues...

A friend had been calling me since Monday to ask me out for dinner with an old friend whom I have not met for the past 15 years. As this week I'm working 12 midnite to 10am again, when she called, a few times I was sleeping. Sleeping during odd hours makes you feel irritated when your phone rings (because I sleep when people are wide awake)so most of the times its always on silent.

Well, with God's will, she called me up yesterday morning again, right after I finished work - and I agreed to meet her and the others for dinner last night. I was thinking that the whole dinner idea was not a good idea as I definitely did not have enough sleep. But it turned out otherwise. We managed to do a 'short' window shopping trip to Clarks as she needed to change her newly bought shoes and after that straight went for dinner at the Kluang Station cafe. The food was good, the ambience was just perfect for the 4 of us sharing some sweet memories of school days.

I haven't met K.I for the past 15 years after we left school. She looked 'wow'. Thinner and better than in school days.Then J introduced me to JJ, whom is a Yoga instructor.I managed to get a few tips from her on when is the best time to sleep to prevent all these pimples from coming out. One thing about working graveyard shift is even if you have enough 7 hours sleep during the day, you will still have breakouts on your face. Then she explained....we need to sleep from 11 to 1 either during the day or at night to prevent these breakouts. It seems that our body is like the moon - this is the most suitable time to have a good deep sleep.Hmm...that explains why is it so difficult to wake up at 1am.

Then I told her, about my problem. I always fall asleep the moment I put my head on the pillow.All my friends who knows me, have been complaining as most of the times, I can just fall asleep when we are talking! Then she said to me, "Do you know that you are one of the rare ones. Nowadays, its very difficult for us to go to sleep as we keep thinking about a lot of things happening in our lives. But for you, you managed it perfectly that it does not disturb you when you are going to sleep . That is good!"

Okay.....and all these while I thought I was the one who has problems. Like one of my friend said, I am like an electrical item - can be switched on and off at any time!

No comments: