Before I forget , as promised, these are the camp photos.
We drove 2 cars - obviously I had no chance to sleep during the journey. The first trip was to the wedding. The lunch was great. They served traditional dishes - I just had to forget about going on my diet again. With tapai and bubur pulut hitam served as the dessert, who could resist it?
Later, we stopped by at a petrol pump station to change into our casual clothes as we planned to do some sightseeing in Bandar Melaka. I know, I know, nobody goes there anymore. I wasn't that interested at first. But after driving through Jonker Street, I just can't resist to stop by and go into those shops. We made a 1 hour stop just strolling from one shop to another. It was very interesting. The designs of the shops are attractive.I also found that the souvenirs are cheap comparatively to other countries. You can't get nice cute souvenirs if you go to the UK for as low as RM3 per item!

I ended up buying a nice sling bag with butterflies on it. The lady said its the latest design. Well, I don't really care as I've fallen in love with it at first sight. We snapped some photos here and there then move on to our next destination - the A' Famosa. And kids being kids, they saw McDonalds on the way there and we ended up taking a break there. As the kids when up the hill to snap some photos, K.Ana and I found a bench just nice for us to wait for them and get some rest. Knowing myself well, looking at that moment as the opportunity to take a power nap, without wasting my time, put on my sunglasses, and doze off for maybe about 15 minutes. Don't ask me how I did it, but I just couldn't care anymore about the surroundings. Nobody knows me there and I don't think I'll be going there again in the near future. And the most important thing - I was very sleepy and I needed a nap if I were to drive back that night.
The next destination was Tanjung Kling - Lala's house. It wasn't that difficult to find it. Her mother is a great cook. We were served with mee goreng for tea and later she asked us to stay for dinner.Again!! I can't resist the food. I'm putting the blame on the Basketball camp - that initiated my appetite. Since then , I can't stop eating. yeah...yeah...excuses...
Oh ya, we also found out that Lala is the neighbour to another Srikandi who had contributed to our R2V fund. Hmm...that's another reason to visit this place again.

At last, at about 8.30pm, we started our journey back to KL. The kids were really tired and they slept most of the way back. Alhamdulillah, we all arrived safely at about 11pm.
The next day was spent by waking up late. After a late breakfast/brunch - we went to watch 'A night at the museum'. it was a great choice for them. Everybody likes the movie...
And the day ended with us celebrating Along's birthday with Mr.Liew's presence.
Oh yeah..we also sat down and had a meeting on our next training plan for next year. Talking about relaxing....I don't think such word exists anymore in our vocab once we are involved with this basketball project. Work needs to be done all year round.
I need to continue with my training plan.......



No comments:
Post a Comment