Saturday, December 16

M.I.A for a week

NO...I did not go on M.I.A for a week. I was just away from any internet connection during that time:- from Saturday last week till yesterday.

For the whole week,I was in Terengganu, involved with the R2V basketball intensive camp there.Our very first intensive camp training for season 2007. Well, as usual, it was tiring. But this time, it was even more tiring then the previous ones that we had organised. I don't know why. Hmm....I guess I'm still in denial about age catching up. But, how could I even think of that? Looking at how strong Mr.Liew was, standing at the court, from start till end of sessions, 2 training sessions a day, for about 2 1/2 hours per session, it looks as if he had no issues at all. Most of the time , in the hot sun. We could all see that his shirt was really wet because of the sweat. And mind you, this guy, is already 60 years old.

Everyday, he stood there, as strong as an ox, coaching the children. Not only that, everytime at the end of each sessions in the afternoon, they will have friendly matches. And everyday, he played with the teams. He amazes me.
Even the other coaches who are 20 years younger than him can't even cope up with him.

Overall, the camp was excellent. Other than basketball training, the boys and girls had to attend classes by us or their seniors. As usual, I had to handle the English classes. And it did gave me some sweet and funny memories handling the children. Some of them are even notorious, but yet love the attention and to be pampered. They can make you angry and also make you laugh at the same time.

The camp ended today morning, with sweet memories in Terengganu. I've learned new things about the kids. And I believe they did too. Especially the form 5. I could only offer advice and guidance, but soon, they will be out in the real world on their own. It depends on them whether to remember it or not.I can just hope for the best.

I will put up some photos soon.

No comments: