Sunday, March 18

Stulang Laut memories

I'm soooo glad to be back home - back to my beloved apartment, my bed and most - my precious streamyx ;-) Not that I didn't like sleeping in the dorm-its just that, if possible, I need my internet connection every night now. Yeah..like some of my officemates said - I'm romancing my Streamyx. hehehe.

My previous coaching trips to STF were the usual routine ones but this time, it was different. Instead of only the girls, the Cagers were also there, trained together. On the day I arrived, the Cagers were scheduled to have a friendly match with the Foon Yew's team. And, the best part of this, other than to learn and enjoy the game, the game was held in Foon Yew Stulang Laut.

This covered court, brought a lot of memories to me. This is where I played my first MSSD basketball when I was in form 2.This is where we trained for MSSM when I was chosen to play for Johor.Hmm...it was also where I had a crush on one of the chinese boy who had their training together with us. To think about it back - it was funny...coz he could not even speak BM!! He just smiled, and that made me.."tak larat"! Younger days....
It looks almost the same - other than the new roofing and benches for the supporters, the rest are the same.
Then, we had to wait for the bus outside the school. The best part of this school, it faces the seaside. Just cross the road.....and that is the beach. Well, the view is not as beautiful compare to PD (PD is the nearest comparison that I could think of). But, with the salty sea smell, it is still a beach.
On the other side, we could actually see Singapore. 16 years ago, there were always students practising their 'surfing' skills as that was one of the co-curricullar activities offered in that school. But now I guess, no more. Couldn't see any on that day.Maybe because of the pollution because the beach looks really dirty now.Maybe other reasons.
I reached home today, had the extra energy to go through my old school days albums, and found this. (Sorry for the blur image as I don't have any scanner). It was taken when I was in form 2, 19 years ago , with the same background. We just finished our game and was waiting for the bus.Hmm..... I did look thin. But, its not fair to compare a 14 years old to a 33 years old.hehehe...


Hmm......maybe I should get a scanner and scan the old photos just for the fun of it.























No comments: