Tuesday, May 22

New 'formal' wardrobe

Last weekend, when I went down to JB, it was solely to be a coaching trip , the final trip before the tournament this weekend but since the girls had to attend classes on Saturday morning, and I didn't want to spend time doing nothing at the dorm, I ended up going to Holiday Plaza again.(excuses.....I know)

My aim was to go and colour my hair. Hmm....after giving it a second thought, colouring hair would cost me, the cheapest there about RM100, ( hair grows and needs to be trimmed and with me wearing scarf - no point)I ended up swapping the idea with shopping for my formal shoes and handbags( I've posted some recommendations here). I have not gone for any shopping spree for the past 2 years. The last time I had when I was in the UK with my brother. That was the last time I managed to get some good and comfy shoes which fit my 'sasquatch' kind of feet. And I've never, ever bought any formal handbags since the 1st day I started working 10-12 years ago. It has always been semi-formal. (maybe this should be in my birthday request list this year...hmmm...)

The shoes, I didn't plan to buy any. Only the handbag was in my mind. Since I actually arrived in HP earlier than the security guards open the door of majority of the shops, I ended up having Big Breakfast at McD first(in HP-its a chinese dominated shopping complex - no proper Halal food court as I know of). Parkson opened its doors first, and while waiting for the handbag shops to open, went wandering around in the shoes department.

I think the girl thought I was joking in the 1st place. She asked," Ye kak, boleh saya tolong?". I said. "Yes....saiz apa yang paling besar? Saiz kaki saya susah nak cari.". Then she said, " Why don't akak tengok design mana akak suka, nanti saya carikan". I replied," That's ok. I don't want to waste my time and get frustrated later bila takde my size. Can you just go through your stocks, and tell me which one is available and take it out for me to try." You can see the look on her face macam tak percaya I said that.

I was being really serious. Comparing UK and here, I hate getting frustrated when I ask for a design, its always not available in my size.I am very particular with the comfortability of my shoes - no compromising on it. That is why I always prefer sport shoes with most casual wears. So I determined to do it this way this time. She suggested a few designs, which I agreed to have a look. I felt like Cinderella when she brought out about 8-10 pairs of shoes which is available in the size I've requested. There it was, in front of me all the designs.

Trying one after another, making sure its really comfortable (with my weight and the time I would be spending wearing these shoes), in my mind matching it with some clothes that I have be it formal office, baju kurung or maybe with my fave jeans , I decided on this 3 pairs -;-)

Hmm..... Well ..I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if there's no SALE . I ended up paying only about Rm60 per pair. This is really a bargain price for me.Considering its Bonia/Sembonia brand and with my size, even the cheapest 'Princess' brand here starts at RM89++. (for people who wears 10 and above, Princess is where we usually get our 'affordable' shoes from)

And now,at least I don't feel that guilty.Other than owning 3 pairs of sport shoes, 3 pairs basketball shoes, 2 pairs boots, a pair of office shoes(which I've been wearing for the past 2 years), I've added 3 more pairs of formal shoes to my wardrobe. Phew.....that should last until the next one or 2 more years.

And below is the bag which I bought. I fell in love the first time I saw it. The price was a bit more than what I was willing to pay, so, after a few rounds in the mall trying to find another shop which could offer a better price, or maybe has a another design which would change my mind about this, I still ended up buying this and managed to get a good price on it.(I hope I did!)

And from my last visit, window shopping around, I also fell in love with this one, which could turn into a sling bag (me and sling bags - inseperable), I also ended up getting this. I know, I know, I hate myself when this happens. This is excessive shopping - more than I could imagine myself buying. This was definitely a major shopping trip for me.

And darling, no, I'm not buying all these because of you. I would never, ever change myself again, because of someone, not even you(not that I don't love you). I did that once, so not this time. Well, unless if you really think that I'm doing this for you, than you should reimburse me! As easy as that. Call me blunt - as what my boss said, but that's how I feel. At least, I'm not pretending or faking it.

4 comments:

The Star Gazer said...

OOhhh.. i so love the second bag!

Spena said...

I know! That kind of bag - a lot more designs in the market. jom kite gi HP!

The Star Gazer said...

Jauh nyer!!!

Then again, it's been a while since i last menjejakkan kaki kat JB...

all jazzed up said...

Love those bags! Spena you little fashionista, you!