Monday, July 9

Long weekend, short sweet moments

Finishing work on Friday morning last week, allowed me to have a longer weekend than usual. Joining K.Ana and her family, we went up to K.Kangsar to join the boys for a small makan-makan/celebration for their 4th year of winning the PHT.

Friday afternoon started off with a training session with the boys. And after that a few short games with them. After months of not playing - it was tough on me. Luckily I did some 'serious' stretching or else, my legs would have hurt worst! Well, that's the effect of serious runnings an going for the ball. Arggh.... But I was satisfied.

The dinner was on Saturday. The morning was spent in Jusco Ipoh - 1st ever visit there. Abang wanted to eat Pizza Hut ,so off we went and had to wait for about 30mnts before getting our seats. It was packed. I also saw some other school boys in uniform which Abang told me they are from ST*R. They looked really small - like they are in F1 or F2. That reminds me of my STF days. Majority of us could only afford KFC everytime outing - and whoever who went for Pizza Hut was seen as "Rich kids". Those were the days. I don't really fancy PH actually.

Food for dinner was sponsored and cooked by the captain's (Rahmat) family themselves. The buffet line includes Nasi Hujan Panas, Mee Kari, Laksa Penang , fried chicken, satay (freshly cooked there itself) and not forgetting the dessert such as cakes, jelly, tapai pulut. No complaint at all - everybody had a great feast. There was even a lot of left overs for the boys to take back!

Compare to last year's ,I am actually not that close to any of this year's player, took this opportunity to sit down with the Form 5s during dinner. We had a great time chatting, catching up with the things that has been happening with them after PPM.

It was a long weekend but short sweet moments that I treasure getting to know a bit of them. And again, they played their part , without noticing it, in filling in a part of my life.Not sure when we will be meeting again - I hope they will succeed in all their dreams in the future , starting off with SPM soon.

To Rahmat, Miki, M, Pari, Hilmi and Anas ; ALL THE BEST!




Interesting conversation between me and Sof1a(K.Ana's youngest-12 years old):
Sof1a:K.Spena, K.Spena, when are you going to have kids?
Me: No thank you. I have Dynamites and you...and also Cagers.
Sof1a: No K.Spena. That's different. I mean babies.
Me: Babies? No, thank you. By the way who is going to take care of the baby when I work.
Sof1a: You can find a maid.
Me: No way. If I want to have a baby, I want you to take care of the baby.
Sof1a: No I can't. I won't be here by the time you get one.
Me: Why? Where are you going?
Sof1a: I will be either in Los Angeles or France.
Me: What are you going to do there?
Sof1a: Oh! I'm going to work and make a living there.
Me: ????

1 comment:

wanshana said...

Dear Spain,

Glad that you had a great weekend!

Take care!

Oh ya...by the way, you've been tagged! Please visit my blog for details. Thanks, dear.