Wednesday, July 4

Lucky or unlucky?

Sometimes I feel I'm unlucky.
Sometimes I feel I'm lucky.

Last night,
My colleague called at about 7pm asking me to come in to work later .Instead of 11pm, maybe between 2-4 am,as we need to have a meeting at 10am till 2pm today and I need to last till 2pm or maybe 3pm.

After buka puasa and maghrib, I needed to force myself back to sleep .As I know, I would be damn sleepy today if I can't get enough .Thank god I'm the type who could just force myself to sleep anytime(provided nothing is bugging me in my head) .When I came in to work, at 2.30am she called and informed the meeting is cancelled and will be arranged at another time.

I was quite angry but could not do anything much as who am I to say anything. At my position, either we go by the rules or we face the consequences. Either way, nothing could confirm or secure anything in the future for me here.

But one thing though, I feel unlucky and lucky in certain ways

Unlucky because:
I had to comply to this 'sometimes' ridiculous schedule
I had to just agree on certain things
It does not secure me any promotions in the future how much I sacrifice and complied

Lucky because:
I still have a job which I love doing
I have team members which do understand the nature of the job
I am allowed to claim overtime
My husband darling is not here with me for him to suffer the consequences

Well, this is the time I just have to devote myself to my job.
I need to start coaching again soon as this will help me to reduce the stress
Or even better, if I could get my darling from SA to visit me.
Yes, I think that's the best option.

As of now, I need to get some sleep first.
Good night to me
And good morning to the rest of Malaysia.

No comments: