Sunday, September 2

Superman is flying to Egypt

On 31st August, I sent somebody off at KLIA (more pics here). The boy , whom I've just got to know for about 2 years, is offered a place at a Uni in Alexandria, Egypt.
When I first knew him when he was in Form 4, I was asked to send and pick him up from his training sessions in the MABA stadium in KL, from USJ. Every day for almost a week. At times, I had to stay and watched him trained.(thank god I enjoyed watching basketball trainings). During the 30 mnts drive to KL, every time, he would just keep quiet in the car. He was this shy boy, not even a word from him.

I remembered clearly, when I asked him questions, only one or two words will come out from his mouth. There was once he actually 'melatah' when there was this loud thunder went off. That was it.That was the only word for the trip.

Then as time goes by, he talks a bit more. And we got closer. I have a brother in the UK, but I can't remember pampering him at all. So, I guess , this boy replaces him in a way. At times, when he gets a basket of 'bodoh' from his coach after a game, he would sms me and mengadu. Kesian. But because of that, he's the best player out of all.

He was in my life for a season.Not that we would not get in touch at all after this but it will definitely be very limited - with me , as always lazy to reply to sms and emails, and him being busy with his studies.

How smart he looks in the suit.

Whatever it is, he's been there, by my side when I needed a person to accompany me when there was nobody at all, even though there was no words from him at times, even though he does not really know my 'history' , that does not matter.

What matters most is.....

He's one of the person who was there to help me go through it all.

Bro Alep,
Thank you very much for being there
My prayers is always with you.
Hope you achieve all your dreams.
May you fly high......
And stay the way you are.

This song, will always remind me of you.

No comments: