2 days ago, received an email from our Return-2-Victory Coordinator.
'" I'm pleased to inform everyone that the school basketball team has been awarded the best sports team during the recent Hari Kokurikulum. A BIG hamper has been presented to me as a Srikandi representative. I received an invitation but was unable to be there (tak tahu pun invitation tu untuk menerima hadiah ;-) Anyway, I was in JB the day after for work & dropped by the school to meet up the players during their practise hours. I thought I should inform everyone that I took the liberty to unwrapped the hamper & 'jamu' about 40 girls. Kalau bawa balik KL pun not easy to share with all srikandis... . Glad to say that the girls also told me that our brass band pun dapat award (maybe category bukan sukan). The baskeball Captain 2007 bagged the Anugerah Kokurikulum. Nampaknya dengan bantuan tenaga/moral/ kewangan Srikandis sekalian whatever society/team managed to produce results. All of us should be proud for being part of this cause tak kiralah dalam bentuk apa... On behalf of R2V, I thank everyone once again.
I would also like to note that our year end intensive camp will be held on Nov 27-Dec 11th. This is the first camp we are having since we won the Championship this year. Basically, to form up next year's team to defend our title. So, any contribution is very much appreciated. "
I'm happy for the girls and the school. Its an achievement for the girls. Achievement for the school. And definitely a proud moment for Srikandi. The truth is I'm not somebody who could contribute cash to my beloved school. The most I have done is just to take a few days of unpaid leave. ( I only have 14 days AL, ok) Well, I did have some financial shortage, but Alhamdulillah so far I could manage. But I do know that I can contribute energy and time - as long as I am strong enough to do it, Insya Allah I will continue doing it. And we definitely have got to retain this title.
I could already feel the heat for the next season . Starting end of November we are going to have our Intensive Camp, as usual.( Hmmm...that reminds me that I need to apply 4 days of unpaid leave for this. )This is when I have to juggle time between work and the girls. I have also start applying leave for next year's March and Mei's tourney -usually it is about the same week.
Its already November, and time is flying really fast. Without realising it, I will already be at the basketball court once again- going through another round of 'tanning' in the hot sun. Once the training starts, the tourney would just be around the corner. And this is when the girls and I have this 'love hate' relationship. They love me to help them to win. But they hate me coz they know the training is not easy.
p/s: Habibi said this time I looked 'fairer'. I said definitely yes because the last time he met me in March the tourney just ended. And now I have not been in the hot sun for the past 3 months.
Thursday, November 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment