Last Saturday, after finishing work at about 6.45am, I left for Puduraya to catch the bus to JB. The bus was at 7.30am,so I was supposed to have had ample time. Upon leaving the office, I had contemplated whether to take the cab direct from my office in Bangs*r or take the LRT to CM and later walk to Puduraya.
LRT was only RM1 - and since I have about 40mnts to spare, I know it was more than enough. Unfortunately, the train arrived only at about 7.05am. And by 7.10am I was already at the CM station. The worst part was, I forgot that I was using my sling travelling bag instead of the usual back pack. Oh god! The walking from CM LRT station to Puduraya was really bad. It felt ages to reach and my shoulder hurts terribly. And with 20mnts left, I need to reach there before 7.30am.
That was when I thought about my life now. It just came to my mind. What was I doing, walking from CM LRT station to Puduraya bus station, on a Saturday morning, right after work, carrying a very heavy bag when I didn't even have any sleep at all, yet.
Is there any of my batch mate or friends out there, who actually owns a car/own transport, would be crazy to do this like me? Take the LRT, miss their beauty sleep, sacrifice their Saturday and Sunday just to do this?
And this has been the 3rd year I'm doing all this. I don't know. I'm not complaining but I am just wondering if there is something wrong with me, to sacrifice my time, my sleep, my life for the girls?
Alhamdulillah, currently I am still strong to do all these. Insya Allah, I will continue doing it as long as I am healthy and 'permitted' to do so. Maybe it is for a good cause, that is why HE has given me the health, energy and motivation to do so. Maybe.
p/s: even had to sacrifice my comfy bed with the 'squeaking' metal ones and annoucement being made every 10mnts or so.
Wednesday, January 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
K.Spena, to some people, you are wasting your time. To me, this apart from sacrifice, is some achievement when things u worked on membuahkan hasil. Mind you, I have officemate yg turun kapal terbang, naik bus, naik kapal terbang. So, no worries. You lead a normal life and filled ur time with good deeds.
Leymah, thanks for the support. Just that we as human, ada gak godaan2 yg bukan2 ni. I just need to stay focus and think about contributing in terms of other means other than $$.
p/s: even had to sacrifice my comfy bed with the 'squeaking' metal ones and annoucement being made every 10mnts or so.
kinda miss life back then in STF =)
masz, after years of not been to STF, yes we do miss it. but I don't think a lot of people out there want to do it again every week!
spena, u are dedicated and i admire that. We sometimes need a cause to realise that all of us have a purpose in this world. This is your cause at this moment of time
Keep up the good work.
Squeaking bed? What have you been doing???
Post a Comment