WHY? Well, my girls was trained by the Singapore National Basketball Women's team coach for 1 day. Yes!! You read it right! The Singapore National coach! Arrghhh!! Why now only I get the chance to meet this guy? I felt sooooo jealous. First, they are already training under Mr Liew, who was in-charged of the Malaysian team. And now, they had the opportunity to train under another great coach.
The worst part is - Mr Loh, the coach, said he still remembers me the last time he saw me playing 15 years ago. I feel so honored, so lucky to meet him now. But a part of me is sad, thinking why now only I get the chance to meet him.
Well, I guess that at least, now, I am still lucky that I have the chance to meet this great people, great coaches, sit down and have a chat with them. That reminds me, 2 years ago, I had the chance to meet Mr Tan S*e Wah, the current Malaysian Women's basketball team coach. I still have his number and I'm always welcome to go and watch them train.
I am lucky....I know. The above pics are my great coaches now - Mr Liew, Mr Loh and Mr Seah (who is already 70++ and still playing for Malaysian veteran!)
It's just that...I still wish that I was 15 years younger and fitter. If I had known these great coaches earlier, maybe, maybe I have played for Malaysia.....(hehehe...berangan jap).
And thanks to Sir, I have this chance now to personally shake the hands of this great coaches.
And last Saturday's experience - made me totally forgot the problems that I'm having at work. Not totally, but most of it. Alhamdulillah.



4 comments:
I could have played for Malaysia too if I had that kind of exposure. I believe I have the determination and the passion and the skills to be a great player. Too bad I lack the height though.
If I was 15 years younger?
I was alternating between Alor Setar and South Thailand doing my work, going home to a 1-year old daughter, and a forever sour-faced wife who always demanded answers to her questions when it meant I could have told her but would have to kill her after.
Your 15 years is 25 years to me.
Wah.. so lucky! Tak pe la K.Spena. It's their turn now.
Ardy- well, you could still be a marathon runner!
SD- yeah...your 25 years lah.But you don't look that old...;-)
Leymah - It's lucky they got their turn and I didn't get any. Jeles...
Post a Comment