...so there I was at about 10am, at the counter of Bank Am waiting for my number to be called. It wasn't a long wait, then it was my turn. Well, there was only 2 other customers and there were 5 counters - so, I figure, it must be fast.
At the counter, I showed her the report and I told her that my cc account has been settled and close for more than a year ago, why does it appear on the report. I also specifically told her that I need my name to be clear from there asap and I need the release letter. She took my ic and checked in her system. Then, confidently she said, "Oh, your name is not in our system anymore. Both, your old ic and new ic is showing the same results - no records". Then I told her that I just got a statement yesterday from the bank, its just that I didn't bring it as I didn't even think that by getting the statement and have confirmed with their call centre that the account has been closed; that I would be listed by them in the report. Especially when they categorised it as LEGAL. I told her it is so not logic when I get the statement every month saying that I've OVERPAID by 10sen, it is listed as Legal case. Stupid isn't it? This time, she asked me to wait for a few minutes while she check with her officer.
She came back and said that the officer in-charge of the closed account/BNM report has resigned and she can't check. What the @#&%? She had the guts to ask me to go back home and they will check and send me the confirmation that everything has been settled.She also wanted to see the statement I received and demanded me to bring it over.
I was so damn angry. I took a deep breath. My voice was trembling as I wanted to hold my anger. I looked up at her and said,
" Just put yourself in my shoes. I'm trying to apply a home loan and it was rejected due to this, this report. Which it is supposed to be solved a year ago.I came all the way to your HQ here, to solve this. I do not care. I am not going back home to wait. This is your bank's mistake. I will wait here for the letter even if I have to take 1 day leave from work. You better give me the letter today and clear my name off the report".
I picked up my documents from the counter and sat at the waiting area and took out my MP4 to cool myself down by listening to some songs. I was thinking it might take her half a day to do it. so I called my office to inform that I might be taking 1/2 day leave.
Then 5 mnts later, as I was about to plan how to 'mengamuk' at them , the girl came out and called my name. I was planning to tell her, if she can't help me, then get the girl next to her to help as all the while, the girl was playing solitaire at the front counter!!
She asked me to sign an acknowledgement of receipt. It was for THE letter I've asked for. After all that she said that my record is not in the system anymore, she can't find it and asked me to go back, or asked me to bring the statement, the letter is finally prepared! And it was only 5 mnts. She didn't explain to me what happened but she told the 'solitaire' expert girl who was confused, saying that she managed to get my record in the system from my new ic.
I really think that the bank makes themselves look stupid. Seriously.
I then looked at my watch, it was only 10.45am, I decided to drive to Bank M's HQ next . I got to settle the issues.....
Friday, January 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment