Yesterday afternoon, at about 12.30pm, my brother and his wife left for Shrewsbury. Leaving the baby behind...with us. Oh yes..with all 3 ladies. Yeah...something like the "3 men and a baby"..just that we have much more experience in handling babies...hehehe....
Asked my bro's permission to use his car - and he said yes!! Go ahead!! We had been given the green light. SO, off we went to town in his car. This is actually the first time I've driven in Nottingham. My brother's car is a manual. I sat in the driver's sit. Put on my seat belt. Checked the side mirrors and the back mirror. ( remember "TAXI"?) Made sure everybody was in the car. And I turned on the engine excited to go. Oh!! What happened? It seemed that the gear was not working. I couldn't put in 1st gear. I tried again. Failed. I turned off the engine and tried putting it to 1st gear. Hey! It was ok. No problem. I turned on the engine again. Tried again into 1st gear. Didn't manage to. What had happened? Maybe my brother's car has this special lock for the gear. We looked for it high and low. Nope, no extra lock was seen. My cousin asked, " have you stepped on the pedal?". Definitely I did. I tried again. After a few trials, I suddenly laughed at myself. My cousins looked at me weirdly. "I know now!! I stepped on the wrong pedal! Instead of stepping on the clutch pedal, I stepped on the brakes pedal. Oh my god!! It is such a big mistake for somebody like me who have had my license 14 years ago. And just because for the past 2 months I haven't driven any car, I totally forgot which pedal is which. At night, I told my hubby about it, he just laughed.
A basketball friend of mine gave me her brownies recipe which I'm supposed to try it out when I was back home. Too much excuses and totally forgotten about the recipe, had to ask her to send the recipe to me via email. And today morning, I tried it out. Hmm......from the looks of it - I didn't put up any hope that it would turn out well. But it did!! Unbelieveably! The look is still not attractive but the taste is great.
Oh yeah...did I tell you that we drove to Morrison this morning to get some groceries?
p/s: I'm jealous with a friend of mine who just got a job which pays her better than her old job. But then, she deserves it. With what she had gone through, I believe this is definitely for her. Well, congrats again sist. Just don't forget to save some for your future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment