Sunday, June 19

Car boot and teh tarik

This morning, we went to the Car Boot sale in Calverton. (This activity has stopped for a while due to it gave us a bad habit of buying things that we don't need). I purposely brought only 5pnds to prevent myself from spending on "unnecessary" things. So, off we went at 9am. It was a bright, sunny morning - as predicted by the weather forecast. The roads were clear from traffic - hmm....maybe they were all still in bed. But its too hot to stay indoors. Its different from backhome where I have ceiling fan in the hall and if it gets really hot, I have aircond in the bedroom. hehehe......

Wow! I guess everybody woke up early to go to the car boot sale. There were plenty of cars parked there when we arrived. And there were a lot of people selling their stuffs too. We carried the baby in the baby-carrier (its easy to move around with it compare to the stroller) . The weather was really hot and dusty. After 2 1/2 hours of wandering around, we managed to get some things with minimal spending. Hmm...let's see.....5 nice brooches at 50p each, a guitar at 6pnds (there was a flute selling at 50pnds!), 2 soft toys at 5p each, and a plastic table cloth at 50p. Well, what do you think?

We arrived home at 12.30pm - exhausted from the "heat". After a short nap, I felt like having a drink. Let's see.........aha! We have condensed milk! Oh yeah...time for the famous "teh tarik" drink. Phew......and now I'm sitting here, enjoying my teh tarik while writing my blog. I don't really fancy teh tarik back home because its too sweet, but after a while not having it, it tastes really good. Trust me...

No comments: