Monday, July 25

Wake up late on Sundays? Dream on...

For the past 2 weekends, or to be precise on Sundays, I had to wake up early. How early? oh...you can say as early as 6.15am... This was what happened for the past 2 weekends..
2 weeks ago, my friend and I were in JB. Johor Bahru. My friend had to pick me up from the PLKN camp in Port Dickson at 11pm Friday night and we reached JB at 3.30am. Guess what? We had a meeting appointment at 8am. With 3 hours sleep - just imagine how our eyes were at that time. Our activity went on throughout the whole day until 11.30pm at night. Yup - no rest at all. Then, the next day, on Sunday, we had to wake at 6am because we aimed to leave for Singapore at 8am. Well, Singapore was holding its "Great Singapore Sale". So both of us were excited to do some shopping or at least window shopping. I guess it was a waste of time and energy. There was nothing much to buy, even to see!! There were also shops which didn't offer any discounts at all. It was so frustrating.
We left Singapore, then JB , and I reached my camp back at 7pm. By then, I was lack of sleep, lack of energy, and just imagine the next day I have to face the kids again.

And last week Saturday and Sunday,was spent in Kuala Kangsar. We had an invitation to join and watch on how a successful basketball team practise daily. We left KL at 4am and reached KK at 7.30am. What a drive! Everybody was still sleeping soundly and we were already on the North South Expressway. The whole day was filled with basketball practise and game. Oh ya...and not forgetting the food. We tried the Laksa, pau, Mee Kari Sup (1st time I tried this) and also cendol. Oh...did I mention about the durian and mangosteen? It was excellent! And guess what? I had stomach ache just before our basketball match in the evening. Argghh...... hmm...I wonder why......
Sunday morning, we had to wake up early again as by 7.45am we had to be at the court. I was given the responsibilities to be the referee for the match between the current team and their old boys!! What a tough job!! The last time I became a referee was 10 years ago. After lunch, we headed back to KL. We reached KL at about 7.30pm. It was definitely a tiring trip but it was fun - totally fun and memorable experience.
There goes 2 Sundays - waking up early in the morning.

And guess what? This coming Sunday - I have to be JB again to coach the girls. Another early Sunday for me. And I am looking forward to a Sunday which I can stay in bed.....maybe it will only be a dream.

No comments: