Friday, December 30

How can I leave without basketball nowadays?

21st - arrived in KLIA. 23rd early morning , at about 3.30am , me and my friend drove up to Penang to join our friends to watch the Basketball Agong's Cup tourney. Don't ask me from where did I get all those energy, with lack of sleep and still insist of going to Penang - maybe because of the love for the game...that's the best explanation I could give. Managed to watch a few games. The girls' Selangor team was excellent. They have a few national players in the team. Some of them are familiar faces to me as I did went and saw them training in the MABA stadium. They didn't even need a coach to be with them. And they won. They are good.While the winner for men's team went to Perak.
2nd day I was there - we had a training session with the Cagers. Hmm...I just joined in for the warm up session and the friendly game. After 1 1/2months of no basketball - I really had great fun. Don't mention about my shooting skills ok , its definitely down the drain. Fitness level - don't ever mention about it.
5 hours later - reality sets in. We call it as "tanda-tanda penuaan sudah tiba". I had a really bad back ache - I"ve never had that before! It was really bad until I had problems sitting down, standing up and even lying down on my back! But........like my friends always say - "Control Macho" hahaha....
Being with Cagers made me forget about my problems in KL. They made me feel part of the family eventhough I just knew them recently.

Again....boys...thank you very much for the memories.

No comments: