How can I ask for more when another dinner tonight, which I expected to be a boring one, turned out really great as well. 2nd night in a row, enjoying myself, smiling through out the dinner, even though this time, I was sitting with total strangers.
Tonight, the dinner was organised by Sek. Kebangsaan Subang Jaya celebrating its 25 years anniversary. I was given a seat by K.Ana and Abang Ise (as the PTA head) at the table they bought.Well, to tell the truth, I was not looking forward to go to a 'Primary School Charity Dinner'. Not knowing when I arrived just on the dot , that I was moved to a better table - the 1st row- just beside the VIP table. (its supposed to cost RM300 per seat!). Instead of seating with the people I know, this group was totally new to me, with 3 couples whom their kids are schooling there and a few of their children! Thank god they didn't ask me my kids are in which class!
Started off with excellent not too long, not too boring, with some jokes , speeches by the HM, Abg Ise and Dato' Lee Beng Hwa, there was also a launch of their interactive website.(I slept with my eyes open this part until one of the kid asked me questions) Then the show started off with Citrawarna dancers which was colourful and entertaining with their moves, then we had different groups of children performing, which are all multi racial.
The best was the performance by the 'Hot Moms'. They danced to the sixties tune - I couldn't believe my eyes how sporting they were! Shaking their hips and moving fast with the beat as if it was still in that era! My jaw hurt as I couldn't stop smiling looking at them, admiring how brave they are, compare to me-the chicken when it comes to stage performances. Then comes the teachers next. They were all sporting enough to do a malay joget, with the chinese teachers joining in too - wearing short kebaya with kain batek. I can't imagine if I were to force doing it. Its like doing a fear factor stunt.
There were a few singers who went to that school earlier, performed. Followed by Cheryl Samad who has a great voice and also later Joe Fizzlow with his rap songs which I can't believe I'm saying this - but it was good. Then the last was Francisca Peters ending the night performances. She looked great, young, bubbly and the kids just love her. With songs like Ooo lala Tropika, The Greatest love of all, Stand by me and one of her oldies....she captured the audience and also my heart.
What can I say, this school is different than other school, I guess. And their dinner - its much more better than our alumni dinner (the performances). I guess everybody is sporting enough to perform.
It was a great event. I managed to take a few minutes to reflect - I wouldn't have the chance to experience or to be part of this family and enjoy this moments if some things did not happen. Things might have been different back then. But now,thank to Allah, I have all this people around me who cares.
What can I say, 2nd great event for the short weekend......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment