Last night , I went out with my usual NSSC members. Some couldn't make it as it was Thursday night (biasalah malam jumaat) and also due to work as the next day is still a working day.
There we were , first at Italiannies (when I arrived they've finished eating) and since no coffee or hot drink served after 12midnight, we moved to The Apartment. (The Laundry was a bit too noisy and the kind of music they played was just not for our ears......maybe age too)
Usually, I told them what had happened to me, and how I was mistakenly treated as a foreigner.Well tonight, coincidently, it happened when they were around.
The guy who took our order, after being interviewed by Dalina, is from Nigeria. Then he was asking about her . When Dalina said she's a Filipino, he didn't believe and actually asked again to confirm whether we are Malaysians. After admitting to him, then he said, " oh yeah..you all do look Malaysian except her" - and pointed to me! Sabar je lah...
Nothing being discussed in particular last night and no topic took more than 5 minutes slot.(its like holding the remote control and going thru the channels one after another) But most topics would make us end up laughing.
I'm not sure about the rest, but I had fun after 2 weeks of not meeting the girls.
Btw, I'm glad that I work on shift as I'm lucky, tomorrow I don't have to wake up early to work! Hehehe.... jangan jeles tau...
And we've concluded that the 'comments' on my blog now has been declared as an informal medium of communication for some people! Isn't it Nachos?
South Arican vs Arab
It reminded me when I went to Pasar Taman Tun to get lamb legs for my mom's kenduri last month. I went to this stall which I believe is owned by an elderly Indian couple. The moment I approached them , they were trying really hard to ask what I needed and explain what they are selling at their stall i.e. parts of lamb, mutton etc. Well, they were speaking English, I thought they couldn't speak malay at all. Then when I wanted to pay, the old man asked, "where do you come from?" And I replied, "Shah Alam". Then I noticed they were looking at me and asked..."laaa...orang Malaysia ke? Ingat orang Arab". ( I thought I've always looked like a South African.. but I guess whatever nationality it is, I don't look Malaysian.)



1 comment:
Spain,
kau ni nampak macam mix of Arab and South Africa kot, that's why kengkadang u look like Halle Berry.... and definitely not Malaysian leh.
Post a Comment