Saturday's initial plan was to play basketball in the morning with the gang and later in the afternoon to be a referee for a tournament. And Sunday was just to be on standby just incase somebody goes on MC.However plans change at the last minute. I joined K.Ana and family to be with the Cagers for their finals in the K.Kangsar Open.
We left for KK at about 4.30pm and stopped for a 'picnic' for dinner at about 6pm. It was really nice as we had the gazebo to ourselves. The weather was good. The food was delicious (K.Ana's friend packed some of the food she had for kenduri as we could not attend it) We reached KK at about 7.45pm and straight went to the court to meet the boys. This time, as the tournament has no age limits, Cagers are consists of old boys (from year 1991 until 2006) and also the current players.
The combination of old and current players, lead by Mr Liew proved again that they are unbeatable. (Even though the last 3 mnts was really, really tensed as the opponents managed to catch up until they are only 3 points behind us!)
When the final whistle went off - alhamdulillah, the boys won with only 3pts margin.It reminded me of our final game during PPM in May. And as usual, I almost lost my voice - again.
I managed to get some adorable photos of the boys.
They were lucky as there was this YB/Datuk who was the invited to close the tourney - belanja us, the whole group for dinner to celebrate it.
I thought the day would end right after that, unfortunately my coach had to send Qsm back to Jitra as he has to be there by 7am the latest. There was no 2nd driver and for a person who's 60 years to drive alone at night was a bit unsafe. Being me, I volunteered to help drive half way . Well, I'm used to night driving and my night visibility and staying fresh and awake is much better compare to during the day. However, that Sunday early morning, I was too tired. We left at 2am and at about 4.15am, I was sleepy.Actually very, very sleepy. It was raining.The road was slippery and we even saw an accident happened a few minutes before which involved a trooper overturned after hitting the divider at a curve.
I was afraid that my coach will not be able to drive as but I was too sleepy to continue on. I ended up handing over the wheel to him and not even 3 mnts after that I fell asleep.
Alhamdulillah, he was strong enough to drive us back too as that time it was already daylight. I only woke up when we arrived back in KK at about 8.30am. I guess I was too tired as the night before I only slept for 2 hours. I really hope I don't have to do that again. To think of it, it was very,very dangerous.
We only left KK at about 2.30pm after sending Abang back to MC. And with the bad traffic as everybody rushing back from kampung to KL, we only reached KL at about 7.30pm.



3 comments:
see..u need me to liven (if there is such a word le) your place..hihihih. jangan mare..gurau je..wau wee..sgt meriah weekend kau..sampai ke kuala kangsar. btw..i thought u were supposed to be a referee for the u-know-whatlah-tournament. i was waiting for the updates on that coz i am pretty sure it's going to be damn interesting. did u cancel the referee thingy to go to kuala kangsar?
Heh, I was so tempted to ref the game too, because of you-know-what.
Too bad I had my class at that time.
Yes, I had to cancel the referee thingy coz of my coach and...I had to meet my bro before he leaves for Egypt.
Maybe next year...
Post a Comment