Thursday, October 4

New reading,new workouts

Last night, I bought SHAPE. No, not a new body shape or anything to do with any parts of my body but the magazine which has been out in the market for quite sometime.

Ardy -nope, I did not buy it because of Sasha Bash1r ok!Well, I bought it because I got attracted to one of the topics covered which is "Your best body at 20,30 & 40".

After flipping through it, for a magazine which is RM5.60, it has quite a lot of information. For somebody who could not afford those more expensive 'exercise and health' magazine, this would be a good option.

One of the interesting article I came across is:


Healthy relationships - One move to bring you closer
The intense emotions- and mind blowing sex-common in new relationships fade overtime. How to keep it alive? You definitely have to work at it. In the Miraval Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona, during the Partners, Pleasure, and Passion workshop, Lana Holstein teaches this simple exercise called Yab-Yum, from Tantric Buddhism, for renewing a connection. Sit in your partner's lap (clothed or nude) facing him and wrap your legs around his back.Close your eyes, put your foreheads together, and breathe in unison for 2 minutes.

So, go ahead and try!!

I also came across these exercises which is suitable for the age 20,30and 40's. I don't have a gym membership. All these while my exercise are only playing basketball and daily crunches in front of the TV. So, now, I shall add more simple exercises such as below to my exercise regime. (kononnya). I know it's impossible to go thin for me, but I would love to be fitter in order to age gracefully and powerfully...hehehe.....






There's just a problem, I need to get that big BALL. Hmmm.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u know that big ball is quite expensive? i think i've seen it at OU, old wing, somewhere on the same floor marks & spencer, and it's opposite the escalator.

waaa.. sure not u'd exercise? i think swimming is also a good exercise, no? so, bile lagi? jum la swimming. raya is soon. after raya, i'm going to bug u again.

Anonymous said...

Hmm..just buy ball from kedai mamak sundry tu..tiup sikit besar la. Murah some more.

D.N.A.S said...

Bought SHAPE magazine too. Tips kat dalam ni memang best2. These info you can only get from personal trainers outside (whom you have to pay ribu-ribu for 10 sessions).
Bila pegi gym aku tak berani guna those balls sebab takut tergolek... hahahaha.By the way, my mom has one, dia beli dekat pusat kesihatan kat kampung aku. Separuh subsidi, so murah sket lah.

wanshana said...

LOL!

d.n.a.s, sama lah kita. I never try the balls when I'm at the gym coz' takut tergolek!

But, 2 of my flatmates in Newcastle had them and I think the balls have served them very well indeed - nice toned abs they have. Jealous!!!

all jazzed up said...

The only shape I know is the yummy Arnott's biscuits in a box - SHAPES! They're so scrumptious, the Pizza flavour...

Anonymous said...

round is a shape. so no worries.

ardy said...

Wow, I definitely going to try that Yab-Yum technic, only problem is I need a volunteer to sit on my lap. Anybody? Ricola... (you have to watch my name is earl to understand the joke)

Anyway, if you need a personal trainer aka slave driver to whip you into shape, you know who to call.

I can be your trainer baby
I can burn away the flabs
I will stand by you forever
I will take your breath away

p/s: sasha is hot!

Spena said...

SD- why don't you try too? Its good for you health to exercise, you know...

Dnas and K.Shana - I tried using the ball at my friend's house, bukan takut tergolek, tapi takut pecah! Sebab kite ni kan berat.But its easy to use it and I love it. It does help. Cuma kena rajin buat. Sebab tu kena buat while watching TV.

Dnas -tips dalam tu memang power. I agree with you. Give me Till Dec, ok! Hopefully could see results.hehehe

Spena said...

Jazz- Jom, let's do this. Maybe you need a personal 'good looking' trainer who could also train you personally at home. Then you'll be motivated. ok tak? Maybe Ardy can be your trainer....

Ardy - Hmmm...how come before this you never offer your service wan? You are such a nice, good looking and understanding guy. If you are taller than me, I would be hmmm..hmmm...on you.

Anonymous said...

Spena...exercise? I conserving my energy in case I get married next, I want to do the other kind of exercise. I still believe one day I will know how it feels like to make love. After all Guile said, "Round is a shape."

ardy said...

Nice, yes. Good looking, I beg to differ. Understanding, very much.

And I'm not short, I'm just vertically challenged.

(and I don't mind being below)