Saturday, October 13

Ramadhan 2007 and its memories

Well, as per my posting on Different year, same feelings on the arrival of Ramadhan, I had issues handling my emotions when Ramadhan arrives, now it has left us.

When I wrote the above posting, I did not know that this year's fasting month is going to be different from the previous years. It did start off badly - I was really, really down. But Alhamdulillah, it got better and better.

Reading back all my postings for this year's Ramadhan, it was definitely different. I got to know and meet new friends. I did things which I didn't think of doing it all. Not only that, I don't know why, Habibi has also given me more and more attention, as days go by. I agree with the saying " When you love somebody, you have to let him go. If he returns, then he belongs to you" .I did that at some point of time.

The 'peak' event was the buka puasa I had at Uptown. It was great as it combined 2 groups of friends:- my basketball friends and the friends I knew from my blog. Jazz didn't make it as she had to leave for BP that night. Or else, it would be a meeting from 3 group of friends!

We started off the evening by doing a simple medical/blood pressure test at a nearby pharmacy. Just to take precautionary measures incase anybody is not allowed to eat high cholestrol food.;-)
I looked stressed as my reading was really high - danger zone!! But as per Bakawali (our medical advisor), I needed a 2nd test to confirm as I was walking fast earlier before meeting them And this affected the results. Hmm........it worries me even though I know before this I do not have any problems with my health.
The buka puasa dinner was attended by Hazyr and BF, Ardy, Guile,Bakawali and SeaDemon. We had a great feast despite of the drinks we ordered arrived 15mnts after buka puasa. Nasib baik tak ada orang yang tercekik. With huge dates brought by Ardy, Ah Keong's YTF, some fried kuey tiow, sotong goreng tepung, fried fish with soy sauce and ginger(sedap!), nasi goreng, black pepper chicken chop and home-made choc chip cookies and tart nenas courtesy from Bakawali, topped up with great old timer jokes from SeaDemon(I had to write this, old man...hehehe) - it was really great.
We then adjourned to Secret Recipe - as some people were craving for its chocolate indulgence, and their award winning Lamb Stew. Hmmm.... we didn't actually have lamb stew as everybody was full by then.It was a great opportunity to get to know each other better. Especially some of us complained that it is difficult to get our circle of friends to grow - now is defnitely the right time!
My night was ended with the sinful Oreo Milk shake. Yum..yum....This is the perfect drink to release all PMS related symptoms and unnecessary feeling of depress and sadness.

I left Uptown by wishing Selamat Hari Raya to all - with a great feeling. This year's Ramadhan, is definitely something that I did not expect at all.

I hope we will have the chance to be here, in this world for the next Ramadhan, Insya Allah.

And I hope too, this would be a start of a great friendship - THE LORDS OF THE FOOD.

7 comments:

ardy said...

You summed it up pretty well. It's nice to be able to expand (social life and waistline), and meeting great people.

I think the quality of life has definitely improved with the addition of these quirky yet delicious new friends! ;)

Spena said...

But Ardy, there's one thing I didn't manage to do/go to: jln TAR!! maybe next year...

all jazzed up said...

Oi... I missed this one big time!

ardy said...

Mari kita salahkan fauzi! Memang dia yang bersalah!

Remember, we went there, but it was at the wrong time ;)

Bakawali said...

Yup... this year I met new people during Ramadhan... you, Ardy, Guile, Hazyr (I only realise it is Ryzah backwards...) and her BF....

I have to learn how to play basketball... I may not have the stamina for it... but guys do teach me... You guys are so passionate bout it...

As for the food... yummy... next time BAskin Robbins...ok??? and fatty crab... and jelly icecream..and..and..and.....

Anonymous said...

Bakawali...I second your emotion. I have made more friends and stepmom this past Ramadhan than in any other month.

I'll just stick to playing my balls la. Golf, that is, tsk! Tsk!

Hazyr said...

hi guys..

glad to be back to work (yeah right!) and online again today.

Bakawali,

hehe.. yup, it's my name backwards, no so creative eh? It was created by a friend when I was in form 2 and it sort of stuck with me till today!

Kak Spena,

Can you believe that Ardy, Rizal, Azarul and Fauzi came to my house for mee hailam at 11pm++ last nite? And that was after our dinner at Setiawangsa..Such big stomachs these people have eh? hehe..