Thursday, January 10

Busy,busy, busy

I've been busy.....
Yes, busy eating. Today was a PH, not that I was given a holiday, but my sister and her family came back from their Amsterdam hols, and my mom wanted to invite my cousin who is going to get married this February. Well, actually, my family plays a big role in making the wedding thing happen. So he was supposed to come over and discussed some things.

And because of all this - mom decided to cook. So, I had breakfast and lunch there. And also tapau some for dinner at work.

The tulang - looked like a femur?..hehehe boleh pakai straw.
Not everybody can eat this. But us from Pantai Timur will eat every part of the cow. This was from the qurban earlier - parts of the 'kaki lembu' made into a simple soup dish. I love this.

This is called 'solok lada' Its made from coconut mixed with minced fish and some herbs. Mom's bibik has been taught how to do this.

And this was what I had for lunch and dinner. The authentic mom's nasi kerabu biru. I had 2 servings at home and as I said, tapau for dinner.

And this Saturday I will be having more good food in JB. Yeah....

p/s: I was looking forward to loads of chocs brought back by my sist, unfortunately they arrived after the boxing day and xmas holidays. Most chocolate has ran out....;-(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah...nice.

Maybe I should start pigging out again cos I've stopped going for my medical check-ups.

~ said...

kak meen posted food pictures, and you too kak spena?

aargghh i'm starving (again).... !!!

Leymah Giggs said...

can I have some nasik kerabu? The spicy-er the better. I love 'em.

Zara in Germany said...

wow u n k.jazz sgt suka memasak n makan2. n looks good too! when i get back in malaysia, i'll definitely nak gi makan2 with u all walau tak diajak, leh tak ;)

Spena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spena said...

SD - jomlah. Murni or uptown? you choose..

tissot - jom makan...geng dgn kite tak boleh diet.hehehe..

leymah- my mom's fave tu.

zara - boleh! kite buat appointment dgn k.meen. she's a great cook!

Anonymous said...

Spena...dua-dua pun okay. Suruh Tissot tu makan jugak baru boleh join kita.

TheGreenLover said...

Wow is that really the warden's room in Block B..yg ade public phone tu? I'm so outdated! Anyway K Spain, rajin2 take more pics of STF - haven't been there in yonkers!