Wednesday, August 27

One day at a time...

27th August - yup, that is today's date.
Only 4 more days to our fasting month, Ramadhan. For the past 3 years, other than happily fasting and losing weight, it has always made me sad. I really don't know what to expect this time round. The truth is, I'm not ready to be sad again.

I strongly believe that fasting month is a special month that we should spend more time with our loved ones. Especially during 'bersahur' , 'berbuka' and 'solat tarawih'. And without all that, it makes me sad. There are also some changes in my life this year which does not help to improve the situation at all.


The differences are:

:-( A friend whom I regularly hang out to have McD for 'sahur' last year is now married. He's definitely not into eating McD for sahur anymore
:-( A group of friends who made me laugh while we had supper together last year have also made their own ways.
:-( I am not working on shifts anymore. This makes a BIG difference as I will need to be home for buka puasa.

And no, I have not done and not planning to do any preparation for Syawal. I still have the old baju kurungs which are still nice to wear. And there are no comfortable shoes out there to replace my old, comfy CLARKS shoes that I got from the UK 3 years ago. (I have big feet ok and the stores in Msia don't have my size!)

The only plans I have right now are:

;-) to stock up on cornflakes and milk for my sahur. Yes! I'm going to have this only everyday.
;-) to 'fly' to either to Jakarta or Bangkok during the weekends just to kill time. Or at least back to my grandma's place (Perhentian sounds good too!)
;-) to 'ganti' my puasa before Syawal ends (as what I have done for the past 3 years).

I hope the 30 fasting days will fly really fast as there are TWO things I look forward after Ramadhan ends......

Habibi is coming home.
And I'm going to Sipadan.

For now, there are 50 days to go. And I need to face this one day at a time not thinking too much of the details.

5 comments:

Zara in Germany said...

k.spena...i can always get u some shoes if u want...

all jazzed up said...

Now you can add in going to Tioman during fasting month...

Time flies so fast Spena. I still remember last year's fasting month vividly...well, at least parts of it...

Anonymous said...

Spena...let us dive.

Spena said...

Zara - that's so nice of you. Thank you dear. But I can't coz my feet is a little bit leceh to find the suitable shoes.

Jazz - yeah..your bulan puasa last year you were very busy with your hamper making thingy.

SD - yes, jom dive. I love the night dive.

LYNN said...

Let me know if you decide to come to Bangkok, yeah