I was brought to Mangga Dua for some shopping the moment I touched down until about 7pm. I took this shot as we were about to leave the area. And from there to reach Rat1h's house, we were caught in a really bad traffic for 3.5 hours! Dang! I could reach JB from KL with that time.
The next day she and her sister, Anna, brought me to the TMII - Taman Mini Indonesia Indah. The houses built are supposed to be from different areas / culture from the whole of Indonesia.
With Anna at one of the houses in there.
We then went into the Bugs Muzium in the same area. The gentleman who explained to us was really nice - he took out the 'belalang daun' (leaf grasshopper??) and showed us. It was a live one. It looked exactly like a leaf .
That night, Anna organised her birthday party at Bandar Djakarta , a huge seafood restaurant in Ancol. It was great. There were about 12 of us, and the food, yes the food was really, really good.The next day, 3 of us went for SPA - just imagine the treatment which includes massage, scrub, masker, steam and 'berendam' only costs 75,000 RP(equivalent to RM25). That was my first experience going for Spa. I think they were having fun listening to me screaming 'ouch' all the time during the massage.
This is Rat1h's place where I stayed for 2 nights. She was really, really nice. She was worried that it was too small for me actually compare to our houses here in Msia. The best part of staying here, every 1 hour or so, there will be people pushing carts selling things passing by the house. Without even leaving the house, we can get things from vege even to nasi goreng, satay and other food stuffs. Wow! That was just perfect for me!
And my trip to Jakarta ended on Sunday afternoon. It was a really short trip and I wish I would have been there longer. It was great as I didn't really go as a tourist but treated like a family member. I'm going to miss Rat1h and Anna and next time, I promise that I would be going to their hometown which is Yogyakarta.
Hmm...Better watch out closely at AA next cheapsale....



7 comments:
real grasshopper? sebijik macam daun!
good to hear you had fun in Jakarta. Entah bila ntah I nak sampai sana..
who is anna n the rest...
i like the "tak yah gi mana2 for food!!!!!" part! chomp...chomp...chomp... best best best.
Glad you had a great time. Lain kali ajak lah I sekali.
Btw, belalang tu kat Malaysia dulu ada...dia dok kat pokok jambu. I used to keep a couple in the house (well, my mom was the one who was crazy bout them)...
That push cart F&B business memang menarik lah. Kat area rumah aku ni banyak construction lagi, so ramai Indon yang jual-jual kuih/mee/air naik motor kapchai. Aku tengok, terliur la jugak, tapi segan la pulak nak beli... hahahah.
Wow, you really had fun!
By the way, you've been tagged!
bestnye holiday... :)
Alo aku takleh tengok Mangga Dua tu. Teringat time aku tercangak tunggul Mangga Dua bukak... Adehh...
Post a Comment