It was one of my PLKN students. I did write about him which I have written as him being like an 'adopted son'. I always remember him compare to the rest as he always make time to talk to me and kononnya 'bermanja' and mengadu.
When I got his call this morning, I was worried. Worried as I know his history. I know what he was involved in, even when he was in school. He had told me everything even though I only spent 5 days at the camp. I managed to gave him some advise. Not much for a 18 years old, after all he had done, he has been through. But I've done my part and just pray for the best.
We started talking by asking each other's health and questions about job. Then he was asking me about my ex-as he knew I was married then. Told him the truth, he apologised for asking. He told me that recently, he 'accidently ' got involved with something that is not good. He was release after finding out that he was not involved with it.
He also told me that he met with an accident sometime last week. The conversation went well until he asked me,
D: "Cikgu bila nak balik Terengganu? ( they call the trainers "Cikgu").
Me: La cikgu banyak kali dah balik tapi D sombong. Tak contact so ingat dah tak tau kerja mana.
D: Cikgu balik Terengganu meh lah jumpa saya.Saya bawak cikgu jalan-jalan.
Me: Insya Allah.kalau cikgu balik, cikgu gi jumpa D.
D: Cikgu tak rindu ke kat saya? Saya tak ada awek lagi dari dulu. Asyik teringat kat cikgu je.
Me: Cikgu ingat kat D. Mana boleh tak ingat anak murid .Bob pun ada contact cikgu jugak. (Bob is his close friend)
D: ok..Cikgu sayang saya tak?
I did not expect that was coming.
This boy has a 'not so good' history. To let him go, on his own and just not care about him, might lead him doing something bad.
If I were to give attention and care to him, with the way he asked the questions above, it might lead to him thinking of 'something' else.
And if I am going to treat him as normal, but he misunderstood it as something else, and when it comes the time for me to 'go', he might turn to the wrong things again.
So, what do I do now? Why did he call me at 3am?
I need advise please.
When I got his call this morning, I was worried. Worried as I know his history. I know what he was involved in, even when he was in school. He had told me everything even though I only spent 5 days at the camp. I managed to gave him some advise. Not much for a 18 years old, after all he had done, he has been through. But I've done my part and just pray for the best.
We started talking by asking each other's health and questions about job. Then he was asking me about my ex-as he knew I was married then. Told him the truth, he apologised for asking. He told me that recently, he 'accidently ' got involved with something that is not good. He was release after finding out that he was not involved with it.
He also told me that he met with an accident sometime last week. The conversation went well until he asked me,
D: "Cikgu bila nak balik Terengganu? ( they call the trainers "Cikgu").
Me: La cikgu banyak kali dah balik tapi D sombong. Tak contact so ingat dah tak tau kerja mana.
D: Cikgu balik Terengganu meh lah jumpa saya.Saya bawak cikgu jalan-jalan.
Me: Insya Allah.kalau cikgu balik, cikgu gi jumpa D.
D: Cikgu tak rindu ke kat saya? Saya tak ada awek lagi dari dulu. Asyik teringat kat cikgu je.
Me: Cikgu ingat kat D. Mana boleh tak ingat anak murid .Bob pun ada contact cikgu jugak. (Bob is his close friend)
D: ok..Cikgu sayang saya tak?
I did not expect that was coming.
This boy has a 'not so good' history. To let him go, on his own and just not care about him, might lead him doing something bad.
If I were to give attention and care to him, with the way he asked the questions above, it might lead to him thinking of 'something' else.
And if I am going to treat him as normal, but he misunderstood it as something else, and when it comes the time for me to 'go', he might turn to the wrong things again.
So, what do I do now? Why did he call me at 3am?
I need advise please.



6 comments:
Spena,
This is pretty tricky.
You are right by telling him off he might go wayward again but if you continue to 'encourage' his line of thinking you'll soon be in deep shit.
Best is to listen and tell him nicely that he is like a brother to you, nothing else. He may be upset but if he's sincere in seeking your advice he will come back.
But you now have to set the ground rules of your 'relationship' i.e. as an advisor/ mentor. If you initially go on a different footing then all is lost cos you can never retrack your position
That's my sen's worth. hope it helps
Always use: WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE or DURING MY TIME.
I know. The girls who did that to me could have gotten me caned!
Bakawali and SD, Thanks a bunch for the advise.
yeah...its a bit tricky, with how the world goes nowadays.I need to help him but again like you guys said, not to give a wrong impression.
But SD, if I were to say WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE or DURING MY TIME, they might say, DULU LAIN SEKARANG LAIN. Datuk K pun boleh kahwin dgn Siti Nurhaliza and Demi Moore with Ashton Kuscher.How la?
I think you need to go see this boy while holding hands dengan Bakawali la.
Or with Jazzy wearing bedak sejuk and baju kelawar and her favourite Crocs.
yeah la SD... I can volunteer to pretend to be gay..hehheheh.. holding hands only wat... but then he may take it upon him to 'correct' your 'wayward' ways Spena...hahaha .... may want to show you what a real man can do..hahahah.. OMG isn't today still puasa...ahhhh habislaa
Bakawali! Kite puasa tau.Yelah..just imagine dia yang betul kan kite, bukannya kite tolong dia. By the way, he's taller than me and kind of good looking. Maybe I should recommend him a gf...
If he had not been 20years old..hmm...
Post a Comment