"The old saying that 'laughter is the best medicine,' definitely appears to be true when it comes to protecting your heart," says Michael Miller, M.D., F.A.C.C., director of the Center for Preventive Cardiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center. "We don't know yet why laughing protects the heart, but we know that mental stress is associated with impairment of the endothelium, the protective barrier lining our blood vessels. This can cause a series of inflammatory reactions that lead to fat and cholesterol build-up in the coronary arteries and ultimately to a heart attack," says Dr. Miller who is also an associate professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Taken from Univ.of Maryland Medical Centre website.
Right after finishing work at 11pm, with all the stress, I went straight to Bangsar and met my new great bunch of friends for drinks .I had a really good laugh till my eyes teared and my jaw hurt. We shared a lot of interesting stories. Very interesting. We only left at about 4am and I decided to go for sahur at one of the new 24hours KFC in PJ. Arrived home at 4.45am and managed to get a short nap before leaving for work again at 6.20am.
And now, god! I'm really suffering at work, trying to make sure my eyes stay wide open till 3pm. Can't wait for my 1/2 hour breaktime soon - I hope to get another session of power nap which should last me till tonight. I got to stay awake as I got a buka puasa invitation today - birthday party of my STF sist's children.
Lack of sleep, defnitely I am but at least I know the chance of me getting a heart attack is relatively low if reading from the article above.My new friends are definitely a bunch of fun, loving, crazy, pervert people!!



12 comments:
Ahhhh.... hope you can sail thru the day..... I am sending you my bill...hehhehehe... or should I say hee hee hee (*with hand covering the mouth*)
Bakawali - What do you mean by 'bill'? I'm not the one who needs medication nor consultation. But I think I was kind of shocked with last night.
With all the 18SXXXXXXXX rated stuff ,I should be the one charging you of spoiling my innocent mind!
Spena,
Hmmm..spoil your innocent mind?? Please remember that in this world there are only 2 type of people
1)perverts who are open about their pervertness 2)perverts who pretend to be innocent... hee hee hee hee
You perverts should stop finger pointing! Do some other productive things with your fingers.
Hmm...that sounds perverted.
heheh.. SD, you're which type : (1) or (2) ?
guile...neither. I am innocently perverted. Then again sometimes I am pervertedly innocent.
It all depends on the company I'm with.
Guile.... no need to ask SD
He's the one that came up with the 'hee hee hee' joke
bakawali,
u're right. cant agree more to that.
Oh no, now I guess I automatically become one of the 'perverts' . But let me decice whether I fall into (1) or (2)...hee hee hee...
But I cannot imagine guile who right now lives in the vicinity of Sungai Penchala where husbands switch off lights and wives be in the ready position.
Do people there really do that guile?
Hey SD! Its puasa time ok. Please stop doing that
Spena..you're supposed to read after iftar. Not before.
Post a Comment