Saturday, September 22

Spiderman or cat-woman?

As per planned, (well, not exactly because I totally knocked-out after work and only managed to wake up almost buka puasa time), I went to Arn's place for their kids' birthday .I haven't met Arn for almost 2 years. The last time was just before I signed the Appointment letter for the current job and it was on the 1st day of Raya 2005.

So, tonight, I went there and thanks to her and her family, Alhamdulillah I had a great feast. After the 10th Ramadhan, only today I could say this was the best buka puasa food I've had. They served soto, satay,wantan, rice with mixed vege, rendang and a number of desserts which includes my favourite pudding.

The kids were busy opening up their presents. As this was a last minute decision, I didn't get them any - just got their mother the long awaited Hard Rock shot glass from Cologne to add to her collection.

Then, a few minutes later, I decided to transform myself to Spiderman.

Cool huh? It looks real (except my hand was holding the mask). Yeah, I wish I was a Spiderman;- when I'm stressed I could jump from one building to another, or jump down from a building and later pull myself up and stick to any of the tall building and just enjoy the view. I wish...
Or ....maybe..I should be a cat-woman or just be this cat. Everybody that love cats would adore this fat, adorable , huggable cat. It is soooo big that it just feel so good to be hugging it! It definitely can be a stress reliever. I wanna hug you again, cat, please...please....
Or maybe I should just be these balloons. Balloons are adorable. They can float and go up high into the sky. Hmm.....I didn't manage to get any of these into my car...maybe next time I'll slip one quietly into my bag...
Aahhhh... these beautiful and yummy chocolate cakes.2 birthdays, 2 cakes. Unfortunately by then, I was too full. Her aunties packed me some of it and other food. It will definitely last me till sahur (or maybe the next 2,3 days).

Thank you Arn for letting me spend sometime with your family tonight.

p/s: How can a man say the woman he loves is always in his heart and mind and ask us not to worry of anything when he does not call or sms? And when we call he is unreachable. How can we not feel the sadness and frustration unless we don't really care?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes some men are like that. As a man, sometimes when we say "If I am unreachable, I am okay and I will be thinking of you" it really means that. And the man will want you to accept that as it is.

A woman however would feel left out and unappreaciated.

Other than that I have no excuse and shall now sit quietly and wonder if the next woman who loves me is going to say hee hee hee to me.

Oh this suspense is killing me.

wanshana said...

I think I agree with john f seademon. After all, men are from Mars...women are from Venus... ;)

Whatever it is, play by your instinct, dear. Trust it.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

spena dear,
you need to understand man. when they say such things, they mean it as how you heard it. SD is right and i totally agree with him.

and.. dont assume too much dear.

*hugs*

Spena said...

Well, the problem with most men nowadays is they tend to 'go' to the other person who gives them more attention and love.
So, how do I know I've given enough when I'm not getting the feedback that shows that I'm on the right track?

SD- sometimes, when you just accept things as they are, it makes me think - "Am I taking for granted he is there for me? Am I at the complacent stage now?"

K.Shana - My instinct? hmmm....let me try to follow my instinct and see what happens

Guile - That's the more reason I need to hear his voice and hate short calls. If we have long conversations, its the tone of voice that makes me trust him.

Anonymous said...

Spena...men will expect women to understand when he does not understand that listening to the tone of the voice soothes the aching heart. He is less expressive and at times forgetful.

And the woman will sound the "complacent and taken for granted" alarm.

The chauvinist will purposely expect the woman to understand but refuses to understand the woman. So every gesture of love shown by the woman is processed in the man's brain as it's her duty, or routine.

Like what I have been pointing at on my blog time and time again: RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER MUST BE THERE. Then comes trust and love. So both sides MUST understand the other.

Now I am confused.

Spena said...

SD- you are making me confuse too.Maybe, it is wrong to say women are confuse. Men gets confused too!