Tuesday, January 15

Good quality and cheap-what is the trick?

The last time I went to this 'supermarket', I bought a few packets of mushroom which the price was reduced to be cleared due to some minor damages on the packaging.

Well, today I went there to do some groceries shopping for myself and my office, I found these:

Yes! They were on the counter for only RM1.92 per packet. What's the trick? It is expiring tomorrow. Yup! Tomorrow . I am planning to have this for dinner to spice up my usual Mee Sedaap menu and the other packet for breakfast and lunch. I am a sausage lover. It is easy to prepare and easy to eat.

I love this supermarket because of this. I learnt to do this when I was with my brother in the UK. I mean why not? It has not expired yet, another day or a few more days left. And I stay alone - I don't stock up food items except for instant noodles. Sometimes, I could also get the Nestle Bliss Yogurt for only RM0.92 when its expiring in a few more days. Yummy. The other day, I got a packet of Mozzarella cheese at only RM8.00. Cheap huh?

And just because you are in the UK you try to minimise your expenditure by going for those products on 'Reduced to Clear' counter and doesn't care what others would say, why not here in Malaysia, in our own country?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

betul! reduced to clear adalah area yang paling best dalam tesco

all jazzed up said...

i wish all other supermarkets have reduced to clear shelves too. we waste so many things here in malaysia.

Leymah Giggs said...

murah tu..

Spena said...

Rudy - ya betull!!

Meen - I agree. Then we can cook more and eat more! hehehe..

Leymah - memang murah. At times things that we sometimes think 3 times to buy because of the price..becomes affordable.

Hazyr said...

err.. bila agak-agaknya dapat makan itu kaki kambing lagi? Sudah terbayang-bayang kelazatannya!

Spena said...

kaki kambing on the way..insya Allah tak lama lagi. Let me settle my new crib and we'll have kaki kambing!!