Monday, August 25

My version of a perfect trip

It was a trip well planned by Seademon. At first, it didn't occur to me as a crazy one because based on his plan, the whole group are supposed to go to Tioman either Wednesday night or Thursday night.

But as for me, I could only leave on Friday night. Left my car at Jazz's, got her brother to send me to the LRT station, took the LRT to Central Market and walked from there to Puduraya. (sounds familiar....) And when I arrived in Mersing at about 5am, then only I realised this was something that I hadn't done before. Travelling to a place which I am not familiar with.

And I was alone. Upon arrival at Mersing, lepak at the coffee shop in town near the roundabout, and settled for their so called famous nasi lemak ayam. Taklah sedap mana pun. At about 6am, I walked to the jetty. It was a different feeling. Others walked in groups, or a minimum of 2 persons, but I was alone. It is definitely true what people always say, the journey that matters most. How you would treasure it. The destination? It is always great ; especially when you know that your friends are there, waiting for us.


I was lucky as the ferry left much earlier than the scheduled 7.30am. I managed to arrive at Salang at about 8ish and joined Seademon for my 1st dive. Alhamdulillah.

And the dives - were awesome. No words could describe it. Totally a different view from Redang. At 26m onwards, the visibility was really good and there are still nice things to look at. The night dive was also great - managed to see a 'sleeping' eel and puffer fish.


What I've learned from this trip:

1. Even if I only have Saturday and Sunday off, I could manage to squeeze in for dives on the weekend. I've done it once, I can do it again.Definitely.

2. Got to learn how to control my breathing as I still have problems going down, at times.

3. Don't get panic. Settle one thing at a time. It was an experience being 'rescued' by a DM ;-)

4. To check my own things, on my own. Not to trust another person as he/she might overlook on it.

5. My close friends are my family. After 20++ years, this is a perfect family trip to an island. With ayah, ibu, adik beradik , what else can I ask for.

This was definitely a trip I've never dreamt of before.


And now, deep inside me, I know I am finally flying without wings. Alhamdulillah....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup flying without wings

nitrogen addict