Tuesday, August 14

Japanese anybody?

I have always love sushi and sashimi. 2 years ago when I stayed with my brother in Notts for 3 months, I got a part time job at a famous Japanese restaurant there. I could say it is famous because the chefs are Malaysians malays, and they serve halal products. And this attracted the Malaysians to go if they are in town - not only the students but also regular business mens who are on short trips.

Other than helping to clean and prepare the food , they also gave me the recipe of how to make good sushi. Well, you can definitely buy the sushi vinegar OTC however it won't taste as nice as if we were to mix it ourselves.And to compare with Sushi King, Genki Sushi - I don't fancy them anymore. The closest it gets is to compare with Shangri-La's Japanese buffet spread. That is so far the best.With fresh seafood and excellent taste.

The dish which I prepared

I have learnt and kept the recipe for more than 2 years now. The plan was earlier, to come back and maybe...maybe to open a small sushi junction/kiosk. Well, when somethings did not happen the way it was, plans changed. I do still love sushi but it does not motivate me to try to make it myself anymore. I don't know. Maybe I just need some motivation.


For now, I need to get ready for the dinner at my coach's house. Lately I feel very, very lazy to go out of my apartment. I don't now why.Maybe I feel tired.Or maybe because during the weekends I've spent a long time outside, so weekdays is only for work and sleep. I noticed I didn't even switched on the TV since Sunday!

4 comments:

nachos said...

kau ni pemalas reply comments le. anyways..serious kau prepare dish dalam gambar tuh..hebatt. then..my friend..you should invite me to your apartment lah like this..we are only next door to each other wott..

Spena said...

Nachos-for you to come over to my apt , not a good idea.My apt is banned from receiving any visitors.
But, the food, maybe our next meet in Jazz's place, I can make sushi and tempura.Sashimi pun sedap. And yes, memang malas sikit nak reply comment

nachos said...

and why is that? (the banned part that is)...musti cam tongkang pecah keadaannya ni..heheheheh

all jazzed up said...

nachos and spena, YES! the next gathering we go Japanese!!!! yabai!!!! i will sediakan all your ingredients darling heheheh.