Saturday, February 9

My very own sushi

Saturday, May 21st 2005, was my first posting about japanese food and sushi. That was when I learnt how to make sushi, sashimi and tempura at Skinny Sumo Restaurant in Nottingham which I have written here.

Today, after about 2 years and 8 months, I start making sushi again. Thanks to the support given by Jazz, Hana and Dalie - even though they have not tried my sushi yet, they 'trusted' it would taste ok. I was so afraid it would turn out bad.

Alhamdulillah, after a crash course on sushi 'rolling' to Hana, this was what was prepared with a big help from her, who's an expert in rolling the 'maki' by now. She's also kind of 'creative' in creating the different filling and tastes.

Then Hana also prepared her famous Konyaku jelly.

So, this time round, at last, we managed to have a more 'healthier' food for the gals. No lamb.No beef. No cheese.Only sushi,vege tempura and konyaku jelly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when I've started eating lamb again.

Buat sushi tu ajak la!!

najibest said...

no matter what people said about how good sushi is i still just can't eat them with those sea weed wraps..normally i would take out the wrap and put lots of sauce to eat them..

Spena said...

SD - ni pun last minute's decision. Thot dah cancel, tapi jadi jugak.

Najibest - laaa..pelik nye hang ni. Might as well you just eat rice and something else. Don' order sushi ;-)

D.N.A.S said...

Isy, bestnyeeee. ketika aku tengah dok dalam jam kat hiway malam tu, korang makan sushi.... ruginya aku... ruginya...

all jazzed up said...

Da sushi was da bomb. Didn't know it was THAT hard to make. Dayang, dont worry there'll definitely be a next time cuz got leftover ingredients. And we made tempura too!